Past or current Green Mountain C-3 owners

I own a pair of Green Mountain C-3 with the HX upgrade. I am currently driving them with a Coda N0.8 amp and a Lumin A1 directly using the Leedh volume control. I also have a pair of Seaton Submersive subs that I bring in under the C-3s that are running full range. I am quite happy with this system, but given the passing of Roy Johnson and the replacement tweeter becoming unobtanium I want to be thinking about where I might have to go next in the future. The C-3s just totally disappear in the room and I attribute a lot of that to Roy's design objectives of maximizing phase and time coherence as well as minimal diffraction enclosures for the tweeter and mids. I have other speakers I can rotate into this system in a pair of Martin Logan Summits and a pair of modded Klipsch Chorus IIs (fun speaker). Neither of these could replace the C-3s.

My question to past or current C-3 owners is what speaker have you moved to that gave you equal or better performance to what you got with the C-3s? Thanks for your insights

tellefsen

Sure.  Again you have awesome speakers and the Spatials were the first speaker that I've heard in the past 20 years that resulted in my switching brands.  The only issue is it will probably be difficult to audition either of those brands prior to purchasing them but maybe where you live you can.  

I actually bought the Spatials without ever hearing them so took a chance.  I had heard another open baffle brand which convinced me to take a chance.  Sure they can be returned but shipping would be very expensive and difficult so my suggestion is to try and listen to either brand prior to buying either.

It has been so many years since I owned the G.M. C3 and several pair of speakers have passed thru my system. From Klipsch La Scalas, Cornwall 2s, Focal 1008BE and Focal Kanta 2s just to name some of them. I got rid of the G.M.s due to the Mickey Mouse stuff I alluded to in prior post and the looks. My hearing is failing and now I must use hearing aids. Last hearing test I lost 20db in the midrange in one year. I currently own Spendor Classic 2/3s and enjoy them I guess as much as any. I did own the Kanta2s for 3 years but wanted to start downsizing. I have an audio buddy who owned the larger Spatials with powered subwoofer. You might do a search for him (Ozzy) and get his opinion as he is a better judge of speakers. Good hunting and best of luck in your search. My conclusion after almost 50 years no such thing as a perfect speaker. Just some that you like listening to your music thru them.

@Batman1 I agree there is no perfect speaker. That is why most of us have a few different speakers to rotate thru. I have the modified Klipsch Chorus II..very fun speaker and Martin Logan Summits.