Pass labs x350.5 VS. McIntosh MC402

I am currently running an older Mark Leninson No.23 amp (200 WPC) and looking to upgrade. I have heard nothing but good things about the Pass Labs x350.5 and the McIntosh MC402 amps, has anyone had the opportunity to compare these amps or had the chance to hear them seperately?
goodwr3nch
Hi Goodwr3nch, My friend drives his Apogee speakers which again dips to 1 ohm and the Kraft does it effortlessly. Surprisingly the Kraft does not heat as much as some other pure class A amps. They stay relatively cooler...may be they dont have to try too hard while driving difficult loads.
The current capability and damping factor these guys have are almost infinite...and the way they make music breathing and real is only to be heard. My friends who own Kraft have tried top class amps like Pass Labs, Accuphase, Gryphon, McIntosh...but once they heard a Kraft..it was the end.
Man, you have to hear what the Krafts do. They are my dream amps and I hope to own them one day.
Just saw a listing where the seller is also selling a Kraft 300:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Symphonic-Line-The-Reference-CD-Player_W0QQitemZ260388358677QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca05b0a15
Thank you Dpac996 for taking the time to come back and leave some very helpful suggestions. That is exactly the kind of input I am looking for. I am aware of the differance in Denon power vs. quality amplification and my listening preferances are different than those of my friend with the Kappa 8's/Denon amp.
I am looking for a much warmer, detailed, authoritive yet effortless sound out of my K-9's. A sound that captivates you and draws you in and simply makes you want to hear more, without much fatigue.
I have spent a small amount of time with these Kappa 9 speakers hooked up to my Levinson amp (with carefully controlled volume levels) and I gotta say that the way that they reproduce vocals and string instruments and any type of brass is increddible! I want to hear more!
On the flip side, I do expect them to "belt it out" in a highly controlled manner from time to time when I do get an amp/amps behind them.
I have already put together a fairly nice little system to listen to while I am building this one. That is a luxury that some don't have and I can take my time picking out each component. Thanx again for your input.
I have heard both. The 402 has huge soundstage that is very believable. The Pass is very neutral, also large stage. I would say the 402 stage to be larger, higher and deeper. The Pass is more analytical and detailed sounding. They both will excel in the right system. They are both reference worthy, great amps.