Parasound P6 Volume control increments.

Greetings everyone. I am currently auditioning a Parasound P6 preamp and I really like it. Very musical and also I find it neutral. Super quiet. I noticed that to you don't get any substantial volume until you get to about 50 in the volume display and up from there. I think it goes from 0-100. At around 65 it really gets going but I don't understand why Parasound chooses this level of step control. I am running it with a Krell KAV 250A Power Amp and Marantz Sa11 S1 completely balanced. Table is a Rega Planar 6/ Exact. Obviously you get a gain of 6 DB when using a balanced connection. I have also emailed Parasound and I am waiting to hear a response. I appreciate any kind of input. Thanks to all and stay safe and healthy. 
pivetta
I came here searching for the exact same issue with my Parasound P6. The volume is "low" until I crank it up to the 70's or thereabouts! I am glad I am not the only one with this question/confusion...

I may be selling the P6 since its a little too neutral for my taste. Almost lifeless compared to my cheap old NAD-1155 pre. :(
I missed adding that in my pre-amp, I dont get any discernible advantage when using the balanced output. The RCA sounds better and I tried 3 different set of cables. I am using an A21+ that was purchased new with the P6. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
Found this older thread and decided to post here trying to revive it so I could get some info.

I just purchased an used P6/A23+ combo, and I was wondering the same thing. My sweet spot on the volume knob is 65, beyond that, my wife comes yelling at me. I mostly listen to vinyl through a Rega Planar 6 w/ a MM cartridge.

My "issue" so far is with the tone controls. For the style of music I listen to, which is mostly Rock/Metal, Hip-Hop, etc., I need the extra punch and mid range. So, in order to enjoy the sound on this pre+amp, I need to crank up the tone controls to almost the max levels. Is that normal? I'm powering a pair of KEF's Q550 with them. 

I don't mind if I do have to set the tone controls to my liking, I am liking the sound I'm getting so far. I'm just wondering if that's normal. Also, it could be my speakers, or the interconnects I'm using (stock RCAs between the TT and the Pre, and between the pre and the amp)