Ortofon Quintet Black S Cartridge-Looking for opinions

Ortofon Quintet Black S  ....I'm seriously considering putting this this Cart on my soon to be delivered VPI Prime.

Current equipment- Parasound Halo Integrated----Martin Logan Montis speakers---Parasound JC 3 Phono Preamp

I listen to rock,blues and some Jazz.  Is the  Ortofon Quintet Black S a good choice with this setup?

I would love current or former owners of this cartridge to chime in with opinions. All input would be appreciated. I'm specifically looking for a low output moving coil cart for a VPI Prime.

Thanks in advance.
krelldog
The quintet black is a great match for the Prime, or any other VPI table for that matter.......I have a Q Red that I use as a backup cart.....and used it with my HR-X and it filled the room with music......I think the 2M Black is also a fantastic match for this table and your type of music and is less finicky when it comes to phono stage......
Dear KrellDog

I have the Q black mounted on my prime also. I am using the AQvox phono stage (fully balanced), set the loading to 100k, with the old Fav BAT VK5 and BAT VK 60 pre power.  I found the best setting at 2.35gr.

The sound is always enjoyable, it is very liquid, FAST, sweet and dynamic.

To what I feel, the Q Black is very BOLD and FAST. It punches right at the bottom and fast in the highs and mids. If you listen to Jazz and RnB or some Ballads, I think you would love it. I found rythmic music is presented better than those of mellow ones.

Piano, Flute/ Sax and Guitars (Peterson, Spyro Gyra and Joe Pass and the lot..), or the good old time RnB (George Benson, Lionel richie stuff) are always presented with Beauty and Bloom.

I also listen to old fav country music like Crystal Gayle and Randy Travis and such, they are also fine with The Q Black.

However, when I changed my Vk60 to my beasty SS Vk500, I dont like the presentation at all. It sounds rather dry and not sweet enough for my liking. I am not sure is it because of the phono stage or it is just my taste..

But overal, The Q Black is a wonderfull Cartridge indeed.. it is worth buying for the price..

Good luck friend..

Cheers..

jonathan....Thanks for your insightful post. I did order the Q Black for my Prime. I'm still waiting on delivery. I'll post my findings once it arrives and I have a chance to listen to it.

Thanks again.
I think you made a good choice and will be very happy with the Quintet Black.  I have one in a Vinyl Nirvana-modified TD160 Super with a SME M2-9 arm and it sings beautifully. BTW, I have used it with the Parasound HINT and they worked well together.  Please do post your impressions when you have had a chance to give it a listen. 

LarryRS