Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
@allenone973.

I placed an order for a udp205 via your design center on Wednesday and good with 1299 price. I was told $49 shipping. Others here are saying shipping was free?
Can you clarify please?
ALLENONE973....
I'm also interested in a 205.  I'm at ninh1969@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Chris
On Oppo, I get that their business model no longer made sense to their Chinese Overlords, but why not sell their designs and IP to another manufacturer ?  Something doesn't smell right.

I have this sneaking suspicion that this is a Chinese power play and we haven't seen the last of it.  Apple is completely dependent on mfg. in China by Foxcon among others.  How much of the mfg. process does Apple own ?  What if the Chinese want to play hardball with Herr Drumpf and say "no more" hardware for Apple but you can buy our Oppo iPhone clone ?  I don't see how we stop them since the Fortune 500 has very little on factories or labor in the USA for over 20 years.

The Communists / Mercantilists used to have a definition for Yankee Trader / Capitalists.  They said a capitalist is the guy who will unwittingly sell you the rope to hang himself with.  So true.  As Herr Drumpf would say "SAD".
echolane:

Regarding the 205 and connectivity:

I will soon move into a rental and my listening/TV/HT room will belong to someone else. My 2ch music system has, until now, been separate from TV/HT surround sound system in the same room. My 2ch system will handle the audio from my video sources. Hopefully, the 205 will accept HDMI video input from my Dish network receiver ( or its replacement ) and send audio from both shiny DVDs and satellite to my Naim Uniti, either by its HDMI audio or RCA analog output, and send video from both to a TV via its HDMI video output (been using a projector for over a decade and haven’t shopped for a TV in 20 years...). Like you, I am both getting old and transitioning to the brave new world of music and video content without physical media. The 205 will be my last source component that spins discs. My grandkids like loading DVDs and looking at their cases, much like I was with lps and their covers. A hopeful sign for the future of physical media?
I'll also vouch for Allen (allenone973).  He hooked me up with a UDP-205 through Magnolia Audio-Video here in Atlanta with no price gouging.  I also bought a new UDP-203.  I'll decide which to keep and sell the other; I figured it is better to have two and not need one than to have none and wish I had bought.  I also have a BDP-203 that has given me 4 years of service.