Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
I am sorry to see Oppo end. In regard to high end and its approaching demise, I simply can’t believe it and won’t accept it. We as a community need to take every chance to educate and help the younger generation listen to what they’re missing. I try to play my system to anyone who will listen, and once they hear, they are hooked, ( and my system is not great ) I inform them how inexpensive it is to put together a great 2 channel “therapy” area, possibly start with a gently used Oppo player. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
Keep in mind that the Oppo cellphone brand, and Oppo Digital, are two separate entries under the same BBK Electronics corporate umbrella. OnePlus and Vivo are two other entities they own. So in a direct sense, Oppo Digital ≠ Oppo.

Kind of sad I can’t upgrade my 105 to the 205 right now, but it is what it is. I’ll be moving up the digital food chain in a year or so when I’m ready to upgrade...and unfortunately have to pay a lot more for a different brand!
Overrated and over priced.... I own a BDP 93 and an 83 and the Marantz CD player and Pono player still kicks their ass (w/r/t audio quality) !!!
As someone about to re-enter hifi (mid-fi, really) after decades of mediocre listening, I think there are several reasons the hifi market is dwindling. Most notably, hifi is not nearly so necessary for tolerable listening as it was when I bought my pioneer SA-9500 in 1976. I was not - and never have been - an audiophile (by most descriptions). But as a musician, music was important to me and I could not enjoy listening to recordings through the kind of crapy equipment my parents and other casual listeners used.

Back then I had to forgo a first high school era car to but decent sound. Today, decent sound is available at relatively low cost. If I could have had sound equivalent to that produced by a $99 Dragonfly DAC and $250 650 headphones driven by my MAC Retina, I doubt I would have sacrificed a car for better audio.

Now, my standards have increased (while my hearing has diminished) and I am quite willing to spend much more on audio than most people I know with comparable disposable income. Such are my priorities. But diminishing returns on the cost of audio seem to come much more quickly and unjustifiably now, than then.