only if you own totem eros ,best int cd combo

i heard my friends totem eros speakers, very detailed, but can't afford his expensive equipment. i can spend used, 1500 on int. and 1500 player or trans.dac combo. if you have heard a great combination please let me know.
dwhitt
I have heard two very impressive modest set-ups with the Arros. The first is Musical Fidelity's X-T100, X-Ray v8, and triple X power supply -- $3000 new! The other setup was Creek Evo, which would run $2000 new for both the integrated and cd player.

Check on Totem's website, I remember seeing specific component manufacturers they recommended as having synergy with their speakers. If you are able to spend $3k combined on electronics, you'll likely walk away with a great little system if you do your research well as there are tons of excellent choices out there. Don't forget about cabling and room layout either; the latter, I bet, is a big reason your buddy's system sounds so nice.
Totem will recommend Naim CD5i & Nait5i w/ Arros in your price range.

I have used a Cairn Fog v2 & PrimaLuna ProLogueII with Arros with incredible results.

With $3000 in front of the Arros, you can build yourself a very satisfying system IMO.

What did you friend have paired with the Arros?