Omni Speaker Options

Have decided to move away from "box speakers" to create a system centered upon omni-directional speakers. I have heard MBL 111Es and like the transparency, resolution and dynamics. And I have seen some good prices for 111Es on Audiogon for preowned. But before I drop money on an MBL, I have to ask the question: Are they the only game in town? Have not heard German Physiks (high end) or Ohm (lower end). For those that are knowledgeble about omni-speakers, are there other brands that should be auditioned before I make the MBL investment? How does your recommended speaker compare to 111Es? The listening room is 26 feet long, 17 feet wide and 14 foot ceiling.
amilcar
One note about 121s. I had a similar thought to Pedrillo. I figured that 121s with a particular subwoofer set-up I had in mind might get the MBL glory with a more neutral tonality (or, at least, a tonality more to my taste). When I pursued this with a dealer who carried both the brand of sub that I was considering and MBL, he had some advice.

Evidently, the 121s have some unique design features surrounding their low frequency roll-off behavior. My understanding is that this was an attempt to optimize integration with MBLs own subwoofer. I'm not sure how it would impact their integration with third party subwoofers, but this dealer told me that his attempts to do so drove him nuts.

I guess the message is: proceed with caution.
Since you indicate you will be unable to audition in your room prior to purchase, the general rule of thumb for omnis is you want the listening room to offer a reasonable degree of symmetry between the left and right channels. There should be enough space to have the speakers away from both the rear and side walls a meter or more. And, the side/rear boundry distances should be roughly equal between left and right. If the rear and side reflections differ between the left and right channels, this is where you get frequency response imbalances and imaging problems.
Thanks Martykl and Pedrillo for making time to reply. Like both of you, a big part of my motivation was to infact do something that is non-conventional or select components that were different from the standard fare, as long as the musicality was present in the end. I have had B&Ws in the past and did audition Wilson Watt Puppys which after 30 minutes of solid state pumping were absolutely causing my ears to ring painfully. As an aside, a long time MBL owner is replacing her 101s with the Vivid Giya. speakers. I'm curious to hear them if at all possible. And Pedrillo,your suggestion regarding the Symposium caught me off guard. I hope that you get some thoughtful replies to your post.
Msstl,

If you can envision the room lay out: Meeting your requirements regarding rear wall and side walls is not a problem; however, the following dimension may be a "gotcha". Looking at the rear wall where the system will stand, the right wall is a partial wall that opens into a sunroom. Stated differently, the right wall "jets out from the rear wall for about 18 inches, then it is open space into the sunroom that abuts the main listening area. There isn't a door to the sun room but just a wide opening that extends for about another 6 to 7 feet before the rest of the side wall continues before it ends at the front wall of the room. So people can sit in the sunroom as well as the main listning room too to enjoy the music. Hopefully this paints a vivid enough picture to get your considered feedback about possible imaging problems (or not).

Thanks
I haven't heard the Giya, but the Vivid speakers I did hear (briefly @ the LA Stereophile show a couple of years back) also seemed to feature a somewhat "foreward" tonal balance.

Marty