older CD transport vs newer ones.

I added a fairly inexpensive CD transport to my DCS Rossini DAC/Clock and am shocked how much better it sounds spinning a disc vs streaming it.  It's not even a close call.  I was thinking of bettering my CD transport and was looking at options such at the Jay's CD transport.  There are also options such as Mark Levinson 31.5 which was a 10K unit in it's day.  Any thoughts on the best way to go?  I get a little worried about one of these older units breaking and not being able to get it fixed.  
128x128ejlif
Was sold on streaming hi-res until I replaced my Cambridge CXC transport with the Jays’. Streaming still sounds great but something natural about the red books now. Both paired via I2s to Holo Audio May Dac. To think I almost got rid of the discs!

Streaming still sounds great but something natural about the red books now. To think I almost got rid of the discs!

Lucky boy.
A couple of members in our Audio Club had thousand + cd’s they collected from the start of CD. And then sold them all when they went to streaming, chopped and changed streamers for a year or so, and then in the end gave up on hiend audio altogether, and now have budget systems, and we don’t see them at the meetings anymore.

I believe this is the reason why, streaming is usually always the later (red compressed) re-releases

Only album they ever did.
https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=Traveling+Wilburys

And the Boss.
https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/year?artist=Bruce+Springsteen&album=Born+To+Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ&ab_channel=MattMayfieldMusic

Cheers George

@ggc: you're absolutely right with the VRDS and VRDS Neo drives - I wanted to buy a Wadia combo of 521 DAC and 571 transport - there was an 24/192 upgrade announced for the DAC 521 - I was waiting almost 2 years as I wanted to buy most recent products - unfortunately Wadia stepped out of the hghi-end business with those products before.
The Wadia S7i player had built-in the better 24/192 DAC but according to Wadia engineers the drive itself was not on the same level as the 571 transport.
So I went with the AR Ref. CD9SE and the Philips CD-Pro transport.

I use the teac vrds10se as transport. 
Old dac removed course it can add distortion on the main board. 
Recapped the main board. Added a bnc 75ohm at the rear. 
Tentlabs reclock. 
Replaced the two belts one of them runs the CD up and down to the spindle very hard to replace (tip add markings on that piece course it's tricky to get it right in gears again) 
It is a tank very nice running transport.
One disadvantage the laser isn't made anymore but I got a list of players where this kss151A is also build in. 
If your handy this is a very good alternative. And nowadays not expensive
@chayro proj ect isn't a new company.... They have been around since 1991... Mainly turntables.

In the UK we don't really get Jay's so I cant compare and although we do get CEC they are at least 3x the price here (and that was before stupid Brexit)