Oh Pls Help

Just bought a pair of Monarchy Deluxe 100s Hooked them up to my speakers - no problem Hooked them up to my Pre amp (Cary SLP 94 Tube) - big problem Big I mean BIG hum on both speakers, music does play, although the hum is about as loud i usually play music at night Impedance problem? voltage problem? Polarity Problem? any suggestions
thecommodore
Brian, sorry--I got you mixed up with the fellow who first posted the question. Anyway, I was referring to AC plug adapters, not RCA jack shorting plugs. Sorry for my confusion.
Thank you for the quick responses. One think I forgot to mention is that the cary preamp has been working with my Hafler DH200 with the same equiptment in the same setup for over a year. This may not change you respective advices but i thought i should mention it. Cheater Plugs, where can i pick them up? and are these used to fix polarity problems? Thanks again all. Cheater
Yo Commodore, You can pick up the 3-prong AC adapter plugs ("cheaters") at any electronics store, even Radio Shack. Some supermarkets, drug stores, discount stores like Wal-Mart, Home Depot, or any hardware store--really just about anywhere! These things are very common. :)