Nuforce v2: has anyone tried them

The new version of the Nuforce should have hit the shops a few weeks ago.
Has anyone heard them or upgrated their existing units.
I would be particoularly interested in comparisons within the range of the new v2: 9SE compared to 9 or to 8.
I am going to audition a 9SE v2 in a couple of days, but won't be able to try the others
viclondon
Cford - not directly. I owned a 'Standard' Musician III for about 8 mos., then went back to tubes, before I then went to the NuForce 9V2SE's.

Based on what I have read about the Musician Signature version, I think it would be a tough call between it and the NuForce V2 9 SE's.

As you probably know, 'audio memory' is a very tricky thing, but if pressed I would say that the NuForce 9V2se's have more finesse and are ultimately more transparent that the STANDARD Musician III that I once owned.

Also, even though the power rating is much less than the Spectron, the 9V2SE's sound like big tube watts, and really sound like they are putting out a LOT more than their spec.'d power rating would indicate.

I could have gone either direction really, but the Nuforce's are about $1500. less expensive (retail) than the Sig. Musican III, so this was the deal maker for me personally. Also I tend to prefer a mono-block topology for various reasons.

If you needed more power and have the extra $1500., then I think the Spectron would also be a great pc. to consider.
Plato,

I guess the SEV2's are great!........however is it better to really wait until I have the money for the SE V2's or can I get the v2's pair them with a good tube premp and still have lots of fun and still (enjoy the music)?

Thank you!

Charlie
Could you recommend some preamplifiers (tube} that have a great synergy to the Nuforces?

Thanks.