NOS tubes for Sonic Frontiers Line 1

I just recently bought a Line 1 here on the Gon, Sounds great, but, I would like to do a little experimenting with some NOS tubes. I under stand the back two tubes make the biggest difference.
I would appreciate any suggestions? It now has the Sovtek 6922 stock tubes.

Thanks, Jim
jea48
Hi guys, this post is off subject but just as important. Did you guys read this thread?
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1151966983&openmine&zz
Please respond to the thread if you have, or have not, had problems with your Line 1, 2 or 3 volume control on your Sonic Frontiers preamp. Would like to hear of your experiences.
Jim
Hi All,

I have an SF Line 2 on the way. I will be using it with a ModWright Oppo and primarily listen to digital media. I also recently purchased a Conrad-Johnson MF2275, so there's that....

I am looking for a 'dark liquid' sound. Not 'warm' or 'bloomy', certainly no glare or blare. A hint 'woody' would be alright. Tightly radiant and/or illuminating would be good.

So what tubes can you all recommend?

Thanks so much for for all of your shared experience.

Best,
b
Actually i am owning a Line 1 SE with 6 TESLA 32 yellow swords gold pin and i think this is the tube you are looking for.

I have owned also the 6dj8 mullard (very very old sound, with beautiful middle frequencies) and also Helectro Harmonix, very detailed and crispy.

Hope this helps