Nice Tube Preamp for Boulder 1060

Anyone heard a Boulder amp with a tube pre? I currently have a Boulder preamp with my 1060 and I'm thinking I might want something a little more "forgiving" if you will. Phono stage not required. Balanced inputs/out a must.

Thanks.
128x128hessec
Hessec

This might not be what you would like to hear but anyway this is my advise. Dump the speakers. In the town where I live there used to be a high end audio shop and sometimes they gave a small show. So at one of those shows they had Magico V3, Boulder 1060, 1010 and 1021. I didn't like what I heard. In the same room I also heard a set consisting of: Boulder 850, 1010, Nagra CDP and Verity audio Parival or Leonore (not sure what model). This set while being cheaper played on a higher level.
The owner of the shop agreed with me. But he also thought the 850 mono's were better then the 1060.
The Boulder mono 850 doesn't sound better than the Boulder 1060. The Boulder 1060 in my direct comparison was much more liquid, silenced, fast than the 850's.
As an update.... everything seems to have calmed down a bit and I have been playing with positioning a lot. I'm probably at around 350hrs on the speakers. Bass extension is still improving. Jumped the gun a little bit on the component change.... that being said, I would still like to hear a tube pre in the system. And yes, the 1060 is a totally different experience than the 850 mono or 800 series in general. I think some may be impressed with the 850 low/mid punch but the 1060 is another level of refinement, speed and depth. The low end is equal or greater (deeper) than the 850 just much more controlled and layered. I owned the 865 and have heard the 2060, 860 and 850 at length.
Do not power down your Boulder equipment for several days and then listen. Boulder equipment sounds very harsh unless it is left continually powered up. Then it is spectacular. Unless the tube preamp is beyond extraordinary, a Boulder preamp sounds best with a Boulder amp. But, leave both on continually.