Newbie to analog: Hi end rigs $2-5K on used market

I last used an analog rig 15 yrs ago. I am getting a new system with the Hovland Sapphire tube amp and the new speaker system from Fab Audio (www.fabaudio.com check the news section at the bottom of the page to see a description of my system). The preamp has yet to be finalized. My musical tastes are eclectic, but alternatve rock/pop,jazz and classical (in that order) are my preference. I welcome any and all suggestions egarding TT, tonearms and cartridges.

Thanks a lot,

Mike
mikes
I second the Hyperspace/Spacearm. The best combo under $10,000 I have ever heard.

Email me if you have any question !

Good luck.
As long as your looking for a pre-amp, check out the phono pre amp from bear labs (www.bearlabs.com). I'm not affiliated, just a satisfied customer, and have compared it to, among others, The Groove, Aesthetix Io, Jadis JP 200, Klyne, CAT and other high end phono stages, and to my ears it bests the strengths of any of them, and, more importantly, drags me back into listening too long because it is so inherently musical--works with the lowest output moving coil cartridges, allows for impedance adjustment, and can be set via switch for mm if that's your preference. I have no desire to try anything else.
I would highly recommend the Nottingham Spacedeck/Spacearm combo (around $2000 street price) + Shelter 501 ($700).

You would have to spend a lot more to get the same performance of this table/arm/cartridge.
Since it is exactly what I have, Danduy, I'd agree, but would be souding like a broken record.