New Technics SL1200G turntable

Can anyone offer any information about the TT?   It is fairly pricey, but the engineering of it seems to be first rate.  
whitestix
Not much to say, it's one of the best turntables on the current market at any price. Sounds better in Fremer's videos against his $150,000.00 turntable and $40,000.00 tonearm. 
That just goes to show what Mikey is all about. I would never take his advise as publicized, it's way to questionable. 
charliev, have you listened to the comparison the previous poster mentioned?  I have and I would say it is a mixed bag, that the more expensive table/arm seems to me to sing the music better, but the Technics has speed stability in its favor.  Depending upon your musical preferences/values you might favor one or you might favor the other.

That said, I could not consider the price of the expensive spread, but I did purchase a 1200G that is being modified right now to put a 12" Triplanar arm on it, and I cannot wait!  I have great expectations....
I have owned my GAE version of this turntable for going on 2 years now.  The G and the GAE are functionally the same for all practical purposes, the GAE was a limited edition version sold in very limited quantities at introduction that is cosmetically a bit fancier is all.  I am quite happy with it and like it more and more with the passage of time.  Perhaps in previous posts I have not emphasized what is perhaps the single most important attribute of it:  It is so very easy to set up and to use.  Turntable set up is critical, much more so than for any other component in a high end sound system.  And there are not nearly enough experts around to help everyone set up their turntables.  The Technics design is so easy to set up that it all but solves this problem.  It is quite simply a terrific turntable.  It sounds fantastic, it is built to last several lifetimes, and it is easier to set up and to use than any other in my experience.  PS, I was setting up turntables in high end retail shops for about 10 years during the 1970s.  So I am one of those few fossils left who knows his way around turntables.  God help me.