New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
Opus100 :

The short answer is that for years I have been looking for a replacement and the Dr-500 appears to fit the bill.

I personally came to that conclusion after speaking to Tech. Assistance with "Ernesto" ; the fellow seemed to be knowledgeable and understood that a replacement quiet pump was required to work with a TT.

The Tech. recommended the Dr-500 because he felt from the limited tech.information I had that this pump would deliver inspades. The gentleman asked me a series of questions concerning the TT and seemed satisified the 500 was right for the application.

Unfortunately, Bob Dilger did not provide any specifications before dissappearing from the scene. I know that Scott Leventhal , an ardent Maplenoll TT supporter, is organizating an effort to search out replacement pumps. I E/M him the same information posted for his review.

I have been a Maplenoll owner for 17+ years. In a community as small as ours, some owners reach out for assistance to dogged problems. The air pumps are a headache.

Personally, I would not purchase a 'Noll unless it came with a operating Quite Pump due to cost constrants. Cost was of equal importance . The Dr-500 is on sale an MAYBE an answer . As always its buyer be awaire . Should you have any further interest in a Quiet Pump please contact Ernesto.
Threaders:

Over the years I have aquired recommendations for pump maintance which I summarize :

1. Those who understand our air pumps emphasize that having oil in the Maplenoll Super Quiet Pump is essental. The Manual calls for Mobil 1 synthetic (SAE 5-30) as the perfered lubricant.

2. The pump should be no more than 3/4 full of lubricant. Apparently, the lubricant evaporates with usage and must be checked every 180 days (6 mon.) to assure the pump will properly operate. Never over-fill. Over-filling may cause pump failure.

3. The two small air plenums and any other plenums you have should be vacated of water when servicing the pump. The reason is that the water from the two small internal plenums can back-up into the pump causing failure of the unit. Clear the others to keep water vapor from becomming a problem.

4. Change the intake filter on the pump yearly. I use a automoblie gas filter -- Works like a charm.

For further details , please request a copy of the Signature Ariadne Manual developed by Mr. leventhal, as posted earlier in the thread.
Thanks for the info Crem1

I wonder if the DR-500 has an air conditioner, or Filter with a oil/water separator.

What is the discerning factor that one has the "Super Quiet" pump (SQP). Other then then the obvious, of it being quieter, what are the visual cues that one has a super quiet pump? I believe that the SQP was an option.

What are individuals using as the replacment for the lubrication of the top air bearing? ( the grease substance that originally came in a syringe) As well as the replacement for the viscous oil in the trough?

What about replacment belts?
Below are the specs from the website on the DR 500:

Super Silent compressors are virtually "noiseless" and are totally automatic. Each unit includes a tank and line pressure gauge, line pressure regulator, moisture trap-filter-gauge, safety-valve, air intake filter and a carrying handle.

1/2 HP
1 1/2 Gallon Tank
2.0 CFM Free Air - 50% Duty Cycle
40 dB/a
114 PSI Op-Pressure
Voltage: 110 V-60
Shipping Weight: 53 lbs

The SQP came with an oak box with a brass screen on the top. The oil for the trough is common motor oil; not sure about the grease for the platter bearing.

The belt size depends on whether you have the older style with the belt going around the subplatter or the later style with it going around the platter itself. Simply measuring it and ordering the closest thing you can find on the internet is what I have done for customers who have required a replacement. As I have removed the motor from the plinth I have gone to dental floss. Pierre at Mapleshade recommends silk thread. Lloyd Walker uses silk ribbon. Thom Makris uses video tape if I'm not mistaken.
Opus100:

Thank you for the reply. The questions you pose should most likely be answered by Ernesto , would you consider contacting them and post the results ?

Opus: Do you own a airbearing TT and if so what model. Please share your experiences with the TT and air pump to enhanse the information on the thread.