New Maplenoll Ariadne owner needing advice

I have recently purchased a maplenoll ariadne. I have tried to learn a little about the table but find very little information. I know the table was discontinued in the 90's but the little i have found indicated it is a very good table. I am interested to learn if there are any tricks or problems to optimizing this table. As most of you probably know, it is an air bearing platter and tonearm. I plan on putting my zxy airy 3 on the arm once I get it set up.
oilmanmojo
Threaders:

In response to a few of your emails I believe I may have located a replacement pump for the Maplenoll Super Quite Pump. Check out www.silentaircompressor.com , click on Silent Pumps, to Super Silent Dr-500 (Sale Price $620+S/H --Reg. $900.US) The pumps are distributed by Ernesto, 7941 Katy Freeway, Suite 320, Houston ,TX 77024. P/N 1-866-1320 8AM-6PM PST. The person I spoke to said the pumps make virtually no noise & are warranted for life. Mastercharge,Visa & American Express accepted. For those in need Check them out.
That is about 400 less than the cheapest Jun-Air model 3. I saw the silent air line but could not find anyone who had direct experience with them. My Jun-Air will be in next week and i will post my results. I also recieved in the stillpoints yesterday.
Crem1

Why the DR-500 model versus the others in the "SilentAir" range? Was that the suggestion of the tech? There is not very much information on the pumps internal configuration etc.. on the web page.
Opus100 :

The short answer is that for years I have been looking for a replacement and the Dr-500 appears to fit the bill.

I personally came to that conclusion after speaking to Tech. Assistance with "Ernesto" ; the fellow seemed to be knowledgeable and understood that a replacement quiet pump was required to work with a TT.

The Tech. recommended the Dr-500 because he felt from the limited tech.information I had that this pump would deliver inspades. The gentleman asked me a series of questions concerning the TT and seemed satisified the 500 was right for the application.

Unfortunately, Bob Dilger did not provide any specifications before dissappearing from the scene. I know that Scott Leventhal , an ardent Maplenoll TT supporter, is organizating an effort to search out replacement pumps. I E/M him the same information posted for his review.

I have been a Maplenoll owner for 17+ years. In a community as small as ours, some owners reach out for assistance to dogged problems. The air pumps are a headache.

Personally, I would not purchase a 'Noll unless it came with a operating Quite Pump due to cost constrants. Cost was of equal importance . The Dr-500 is on sale an MAYBE an answer . As always its buyer be awaire . Should you have any further interest in a Quiet Pump please contact Ernesto.
Threaders:

Over the years I have aquired recommendations for pump maintance which I summarize :

1. Those who understand our air pumps emphasize that having oil in the Maplenoll Super Quiet Pump is essental. The Manual calls for Mobil 1 synthetic (SAE 5-30) as the perfered lubricant.

2. The pump should be no more than 3/4 full of lubricant. Apparently, the lubricant evaporates with usage and must be checked every 180 days (6 mon.) to assure the pump will properly operate. Never over-fill. Over-filling may cause pump failure.

3. The two small air plenums and any other plenums you have should be vacated of water when servicing the pump. The reason is that the water from the two small internal plenums can back-up into the pump causing failure of the unit. Clear the others to keep water vapor from becomming a problem.

4. Change the intake filter on the pump yearly. I use a automoblie gas filter -- Works like a charm.

For further details , please request a copy of the Signature Ariadne Manual developed by Mr. leventhal, as posted earlier in the thread.