new Magico speakers the Q5

seen on their Website
clavil
hi there, how do they compare with 101e ? I have a fortune in comparing these speakers.

I will say as follows :-

101E's tweeter very open and airy with 360 degrees audition. beautiful and more "grand". 101E is really something I do not throw my credit card, its bass does not extend all to the way or sometimes, little boomy and rolling off. It does not cohere with the mid range or mid-bass and let alone, the bass sounds alone. Sorry to say but hard to find a description.

Magico 6 : tweeter is very open and airy too. I personally do not know where the music comes out when u close your eyes and enjoy. Its bass is a slam, goes all the way and far extending. I never have any boom or resonance in my room.

just my 2 cents

Overall, coherence in Magico 6 is better than 101e, IMO
thanks Kirbyfel

have you heard the 101E with the biggest MBL monos ?

I ask because if they are not perfectly controlled, the bass is very boomy ...
Kirbyfel,

Which Boulder amps did you audition with the MBL 101Es? I find the 101Es require a certain amount of bass control to integrate the woofer with the rest of the speaker. Also, did you audition the 101E positioned out into the room? I find the sonic presentation of the radial speaker to be very natural and immersive as I would if there were musicians in the room.
you are right...only MBL mono block can control the 101E but then you are stuck with the signature sound of MBL and no other brands. isn;t it fun ???

on top, MBL's poweramp is by far less dynamic and density than Boulder
personally, i still prefer Boulder amp than MBL amp. just very personal I guess, there is a lapse or fall off in the mid range down to mid bass