new GAN amplifier

LSA Voyager GAN 200.

https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/lsa-electronics

200w into 8 ohms

400w into 4 ohms

???w into 2 ohms

128x128twoleftears
GaN FETs suitable for a Class-D output stage and superior to silicon devices are relatively inexpensive now. Even in a $2,500 unit, they use of GaN shouldn't command that much of a premium.
Thorsten Loesch particularly shows his lack of knowledge.
Agreed - its obvious he conflates 'clock rate' with 'symbol rate'. Its not the clock rate of the classD amp which is around 500kHz, rather the symbol rate. There's no clock rate in fact - because classD is an analog amplifier, not a digital one. Since there's no quantization of the symbol widths his comparison to DSD or S-D DACs is totally meaningless.
A Class D amplifier is a "analog amplifier" with a two state (binary) output stage modulated by the output of a comparator that compares an analog signal with a reference waveform.

Ultimately I guess it boils down to the definition of "analog", but there is quite a big difference from a linear amplifier that simply "amplifies" a signal, and class D which recreates or reconstructs the signal.

In the strict sense, class D isn't an amplifier it's a "reconstructor".  

Is it not demonstrated that a true flying machine, self-raising, self-sustaining, self-propelling, is physically impossible?
— Joseph LeConte, November 1888

It is apparent to me that the possibilities of the aeroplane, which two or three years ago were thought to hold the solution to the [flying machine] problem, have been exhausted, and that we must turn elsewhere.
— Thomas Edison, November 1895

I can state flatly that heavier than air flying machines are impossible.
— Lord Kelvin, 1895

I have not the smallest molecule of faith in aerial navigation other than ballooning, or of the expectation of good results from any of the trials we heard of. So you will understand that I would not care to be a member of the Aeronautical Society.
— Lord Kelvin, 1896

The present generation will not [fly in the next century], and no practical engineer would devote himself to the problem now.
— Worby Beaumont, January 1900

There is no basis for the ardent hopes and positive statements made as to the safe and successful use of the dirigible balloon or flying machine, or both, for commercial transportation or as weapons of war.
— George Melville, December 1901

The demonstration that no possible combination of known substances, known forms of machinery and known forms of force, can be united in a practical machine by which men shall fly along distances through the air, seems to the writer as complete as it is possible for the demonstration to be.
— Simon Newcomb, 1900

Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible.
— Simon Newcomb, 1902

It is complete nonsense to believe flying machines will ever work.
— Stanley Mosley, 1905

The aeroplane will never fly.
— Lord Haldane, 1907

“No flying machine will ever fly from New York to Paris.” — Orville Wright, inventor of the airplane.

Since there's no quantization of the symbol widths his comparison to DSD or S-D DACs is totally meaningless.
Wonder if his mate Bruno Putzy (Hypex) put one on his chin after that, I think they're still mates.