New amp recommendations

Hello. My current amp is a big old Onkyo M510 Grand Integra. The preamp is an Italian Musical Technology c2. The speakers are Proac Response 4.

I would like to change the amp. Any good amp recommendation for the Proacs?

Finally, what if I keep the Onkyo? Any suggestion for a good preamp to pair with it? Thanks.
frankie67
Pairing a REF 3 with the Onkyo would be like mounting Walmart tires on a Ferrari.A more balanced approach,consider an Audio Research tube amp at the 2K to 3K price point.
I've found a nice used REF3 for a reasonable price. Should I get it? Also, can you please recommend some good, reasonably priced speaker and IC cables? I've heard good things about Emprical Design cables. Thanks.
I agree that matching a REF3 with an Onkyo amplifier is a bit of a mis-match... but who cares. This is a hobby and if you want to give it a try, go for it.

I think it makes more sense to buy a component that you really want (like a REF3) and plan to keep, than buy two components which you know you will flip down the road and possibly lose money on.
Keep the Onkyo, you are not going to gain much if anything replacing it with another amp from an audible standpoint unless your just looking for more power. http://www.tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/index.htm