New Adcom GFA-555 se - Special Edition

Adcom is making a new version of the GFA-555 II, the GFA-555 se. This amplifier is essentially the GFA-555 II with slight improvements including balanced inputs larger capacitors resulting in a better soundstage and an even higher damping factor. Did you know that the GFA-555 is likely the best selling piece of hi-fi equipment ever made, with a build of over 100,000 units? The GFA-555se will be available sometime in November.
power_hungry
Minor update: While chasing ground loops -I gave the balanced inputs another chance.Not sure what's changed - but I am now very happy with what's comin in thru the balanced inputs.And at least i don't have to waste time with poor connections on the RCA side of things.
I've had a 555 - original model - for more than 20 years. The only problem I've had with it is the power switch is in the On position.

It ran a pair of MGIIs and now a pair of Paradigm Signature S8s. It sounds fine - I've never had any complaint with it.

A truly amazing product for the money.
Have added a pair of very old B&W 801/series 80's ( first generation -not ported-no matrix) and the pair of GFA-555se's run bridged.-for CD use either a old Sony DVD changer or even older Marantz DR-700 fed into Benchmark DAC .Analog stuff is what i described in my 12-16-09 post.Oh yeah and I've got one of those great Sony XDR-f1HD tuners and some video stuff fed into a Marantz pre-pro - then out thru a state of the art seventeen buck RadioSchack A/D converter into the optical input of the Benchmark DAC.Not much into the video stuff.
Stonedeaf,
Sounds like a nice system.
I had the Benchmark DAC and used it as a preamp directly into a tube poweramp. Wonderful!
Have you considered feeding your CDP into the Benchmark's coaxial input and the Sony tuner into the Benchmark's optical input. Then the Benchmarks output into your 555SE's to your B&Ws.
Minimizing the lower-end gear and having a better sound.