Need speaker advice for new Rotel system

Hello fellow Audiogoners. I just purchased a Rotel system consisting of the following components for my new 2-channel system I'm building: RB-1080 (200wpc amp), RC-1090 (pre-amp), RCD-1072 (cdp).

I've only heard a handful of speaker manufacturers and LOVE Focal and Dynaudio (I'm sure I don't have enough real power for Dyn. though). But am not quite familiar with what is recommended for Rotel, or at least what is popular with you knowledgeable folks.

Any help would be appreciated greatly. Oh, and to add I'll be using Tara Labs XLR RSC vector 2 interconnects between the pre and amp, and am using Analysis Plus Oval 9 speaker cable for whatever I end up with on that end :) Still need interconnects to go between the cdp and pre though.

Thanks in advance!!!

-Chris
camdenyard
best speakers for bryston equipment, if that is the question, no doubt...vandersteen ...arerial......and b & w do wll also...dwhitt
thanks for the great input guys! I've always wanted to audition Vandersteen....hmmm....
vandersteen is a passive speaker than is not out front, but very neutral in it presentation, most rock people don't like them because they aren't dynamic or loud enough in it's presentation..but jazz lover's love them because they are neutral and passive and have great balance in the sound. they are rather large in the room ,so you must take that to notice, they need power ,but when set up, WHOW, that is why they always make the best buy speaker selection in the audio magazine every year...i have owned them with solid state equipment and tubes and they work well with both., although i believe they are alittle more aggressive with solid state...if you audition them , listen to the 1b or the smaller ,then go to the 2ce, small difference in sound big difference in price and looks in a room...most women do not like vandersteen in their house because they look like a speaker and not a piece of furniture, and richard vandersteen will discuss that with you if you call him, although i know you won't...he hates looks over performance.good luck in your venture...dwhitt
My local Rotel dealer carries both Focal & B&W. I have listened to them both and prefered the B&W's sound. With the Rotel gear I felt the Focal's to be a little bright or aggressive sounding. The B&W combo was quite smooth and detailed.