Need Opinions for Different Cable Manufacturers/Cable Designs

I have a McIntosh 200wpc receiver [MAC7200] and Focal Sopra 3 speakers - and am using low-grade cables. I'm looking to vastly improve my system with a complete cable upgrade. I like a warm sound with lots of clarity and detail and naturalness. I have been reviewing tons of literature and am intrigued by Cu/Ag and Cu/Ag/Au combinations. I will probably buy used, and look at offerings in the midrange to lower high-end range of products. Cannot afford the best each manufacturer has to offer. Looking to spend up to $2,000 for 3m speaker cables and up to $700 each for RCA and XLR cables. Again, I hope to buy used.

I am interested in opinions on the following manufacturers:

AUDIENCE

DH LABS

PURIST AUDIO DESIGN

SILNOTE

SNAKE RIVER

Please feel free to offer your opinions on these and any other recommendations you may have. I really appreciate your time and advice!! Thanks!

kinarow1

Best Bang for the Buck.......Morrow Cables......Completely upgraded my 25K system. Highly recommended.

For your interconnects, silver - pure, soft temper silver, not plated on copper, is by far the most accurate conduit for musical information. In a twisted-pair configuration without a coaxial shield, and passing inside inside a loose Teflon insulator, this cable can achieve incredibly low capacitance - meaning the signal passing through it will not be hindered or colored in any was. Transparent as fine crystal.

That’s the basic science - and being that this cable is a relatively simple design, it will be well within your budget.

So who makes this wonderful interconnect?

Take a visit here, and check the specs. reviews, and user comments: -
and see what you think.

https://silversolids.com/

Stay away from Nordost then, as life with Nordost begins with their Vahalla 2 series and goes up to Odin 2, however, all of those will be out of your price range even used, anything less than Vahalla 2 cables won’t make any sonic difference for you unfortunately... I don’t have any experience with any other cables, see everyone’s recommendations that own those products. What I personally found is (power cables) should be your # 1 priority , then speakers, and lastly interconnects, my interconnects made only a marginal difference maybe 3%, in hindsight I would not have spent the money for interconnect cables.

Good luck there are a lot of others responding who can help you. If you have an opportunity to demo before you buy I would highly suggest that...

Norm

After exchanging several emails with Silversmith founder/President Jeffrey Smith, I ordered a 4 ft pair of Fidelium speaker cables to replace my Performance Audio cables using Mogami W3104 cable, which I considered to be quite good. Jeffrey took the time, in several emails, to answer several questions.  I ordered the cables after also reading a number of reviews, including reviews by customers.  I also ordered the bi-wire adapters and the adapters for tight installations, the latter which I ended up using on my two Odyssey mono bloc amplifiers that drive my Fyne F-702 speakers. 

After ensuring all connections were properly oriented and sufficiently tight, I plugged in and powered up my amps and put a CD (Moody Blues “On the Threshold of a Dream”) and sat back to listen.  My immediate reaction was WOW!  Both my wife—who is not as “into” listening as am I, although she loves good music—and I immediately noticed several things: first, the music did not seem to be coming from the speakers, and even our Shetland Sheepdog went not to the speaker between them to voice his response.  Placement of vocalists and instruments was behind, between, and beyond the space between the speakers, and there was excellent vertical placement, as well.  I also noticed improvement in the tonal qualities of voices and instruments.  Bass reproduction was also modestly but noticeably improved, being somewhat tighter, and I heard some brief music parts in the lower registers that I had not noticed before, and I am familiar with those parts having played French Horn as a youth in a concert band. Finally, there was a marked improvement in sound quality at lower listening levels.  We then played male and female vocalists, more Moody Blues, and some classical music, including the Akademie für Alte Musik’Berlin’s Symphony No. 6, “Pastorale,” by Beethoven.  Everything we played was, in an admittedly memory-based judgment, significantly improved.

The Fidelium are the most expensive cables I have purchased. Although I have used mostly Morrow Audio level 5, Audioquest, and IceAge Audio cables, the latter being used for power cables.  Jeffrey said he is planning to release interconnects using the same flat/ribbon cable technology, and I am probably going to “have to” try and XLR pair to connect my Bifrost 2/64 DAC to my Rogue Audio RP-7 tube preamp.  I also asked Jeffrey about using his cable for my subwoofer, but he said the improvement for a subwoofer would not be as noticeable with a subwoofer—frankness and honesty that is greatly appreciated.

i will do more listening today, but I must admit to being stunned by the overall sound quality improvement.  The Fidelium cables have made listening to music even more enjoyable.  I am quite sure there are other cables that do the same, but, for me, such a significant improvement at what in today’s market is a reasonable cost is both remarkable and quite enjoyable.

By the way, the company has a 30-day return period, but it took me less than 30 minutes (seconds?) to decide these cables are keepers!

@vthokie83 In your post you stated:

" Others to compare: OCC (Ohno Continuous Cast) RAMM Audio, DH Labs, Zavfino, Furutech, lot's of others, UP-OFC (Ultra Pure Oxygen Free Copper) Viborg and Neotech, Triple-C (Pure Copper Continuous Casting) Furutech, SAEC, and Acoustic Revive, 102SSC (special surface copper) Oyaide, DUCC (Dia Utra Crystallized Copper) Furutech, Alpha Nano (Alpha OFC + nano liquid) Furutech. " 

The PC Triple C is a Wire Type produced by Furukawa, that was a wire designed to Supersede their production of OCC Wire Types. PC Triple C is offered as Pure Copper or as PC Triple C / EX which is a Wire Type that has a High Purity Silver as the outer coat. The Silver is Forge Clad onto the Copper Wire. There is not a process where electrolysis is the coating method.

D.U.C.C Wire is produced by Mitsubishi, as a Manufactured Material it is known as  Mitsubishi High-Purity Copper MOF®-6N8 having 7N-class purity.

I am not sure how you intend on using these Wires, i.e, Single End RCA, XLR, or Power Chord? 

I am an advocate of both Types and extensively tested it over a reasonable period of time in comparisons to OCC, which each Type has successfully superseded the use of OCC. 

PC Triple C for most who I have introduced it to, and made extended periods of loan as well, has been the one to create changes to others plans for Wire used in their Audio Systems.

To date as a result of my own investigations and one carried out by others, some of which I am instrumental in encouraging. I have heard PC Triple C used as a Cart's Tag Wire, Tonearm Wand Wire as a continuous wire from Cart' to RCA's, Umbilical's, Speaker Wire, Speaker Internal Cabinet Wire, Amp's Internal Hook Up Wire and Power Cable.

In relation to Tag Wire, Tonearm Internal Wand Wire, Umbilical's, Speaker Wire and Power Cable. I have been able to experience the Wire used as a comparison Wire, and PC Triple C has always been the preferred wire, even without an adequate Burn In Period allowed for it. 

There are posts in the Gon made by myself, where more can be learnt about the experiences had, and recommendations for a Wire Type, that has been compared to more expensive options and proved the better option as a result of comparisons undertaken. 

D.U.C.C should not be overlooked as a Wire Type, even though it has not proved itself the most attractive option to others I have introduced to it. I have found it to be a extremely important Signal Path Wire when used in conjunction with PC Triple C in the Signal Path.   

I have not heard D.U.C.C as a entirety of a Signal Path Wire as I have with PC Triple C.

In the Helix Cable Thread on this Forum a couple of Cable Builders have tried Triple C and have made it known more was discovered than some of the other Wire configurations used.