Need help re Quad 909 Binding Posts

I would like to replace them but the shop I have used locally (ACI in the metro Washington, DC area) does not want to take on the job. Any suggestions for shops in MD or VA suburbs of DC, or in DC? (The posts don't take anything other than bare wire very well, and even that method of connection gives me pause, because the holes in the posts do not go all the way through.) Thanks!
adamsmo
Adamsmo,

The binding post may have a pin in the center that prevents normal bananas from being used. The BFA style bananas should work just fine.

For a good example of what the BFA connectors look like, take a look at this link to 6moons review of the White Lightning Moonshine speaker cables:

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/whitelightning/moonshine.html

In the review there is a e-mail address of a vendor that sells the Multi-Contact USA BFA style banana. They are significantly less expensive from Multi-Contact USA than they are from Nordost. They look like the same connector to me.

Enjoy,

TIC
Thanks again. btw, I tried Roc-doc's approach with a couple of spades, and it seemed to work, so I may remove the Vampire SB bananas and go with the spades. I use Vampire ST III cables, which are 8 gauge, and some BFA plugs, e.g., at least one of the Audioquests, won't take more than 10 gauge.
You can open up the Quad 909 and unsolder these strange binding posts and install conventional/cardas binding posts to take spades. I did this in my own unit, and it took one hour. It does make me wonder regarding differences in expensive/exotic speaker cables when internally the output board to binding post wires are some inferior grade wire albeit a short run.