My terrible Customer Journey with the Line Magnetic LM-503PA Mono Vacuum Tube Amps

Spoiler: Would I recommend buying a Line Magnetic product? Not when you are in Germany or Austria.

I don't know how the customer support in the United States is, but my customer journey with the Line Magnetic LM-503PA Mono Vacuum Tube Amps in Vienna is terrible.

In the Summer of 2021, I spent 10k on a pair of Line Magnetic LM-503PA mono vacuum tube amps. This was by far my worst decision in 40 years of buying hi-fi gear.

So far, I have enjoyed listening with the amps for 11 months. But for 5 months, I couldn't enjoy listening with the amps because of defects and ridiculous customer support. As I'm writing this, my Line Magnetic LM-503PA is defective at the distributor for repair for more than four weeks, and Line Magnetic has not even sent the missing spare parts from China to Germany yet. But this is just the tip of the iceberg of my terrible customer experience with a Line Magnetic product.

This is why I wrote a customer report about my journey with the Line Magnetic LM-503PA mono vacuum tube amp. The report is about many customer-unfriendly emails, a dealer who doesn't answers emails at all, the European Line Magnetic distributor holding my amp hostage, and Line Magnetic in China refusing to answer my questions.

128x128downtownberlin

I also have Silbatone 300b amp which cost more than 50K$ with silver foil  transformer.

I need to change capacitors inside it after 5 years.

The serviceman gave me advice to measure the temperature on surface.

if it go above 120 F (about 50 C) , then insdie capacitors will lose life sooner than expected.

I found my Lm 508 reach 120 F after 3 hours of play.

Thomas

I had a bad expertise with my rolls Royce

It has a previously opened jar of grey poupon in the mini fridge

dealer wouldn't pay for my disability resulting from this affair

never again

@fatdaddy2 

Since you seem to be quite rightly annoyed about your Tesla purchase and your bad experience, I would have thought that you’d have some empathy for a person getting shafted by a HiFi company. It would appear that LM don’t have even the most basic protections on a 10K product. Given the lethal voltages tube amps run at, this is unforgivable. In this case there was a blown tube and transformer close to going critical. Since excess heat was mentioned, I’m guessing critical is catching fire. So, the OP spends 10K on amps that can fail in a way that they could catch fire and burn his house down. Loss of property and potentially life.

In that context, I think it’s entirely reasonable for people here to conclude that LM amps are not worth buying and should be avoided.

Perhaps you have some LM amps you need to shift so you can afford to replace the Tesla? 😜