My speakers don't "dissapear"

Equipment used: Krell 400xi, Krell DVD Standard, Focal Utopia Mico Be's.

I have had my system for a couple months now. I have tweaked and moved and adjusted (even rearranged my living room) to get the speakers to image and "disappear" but no luck. No matter what I do, I can clearly tell the sound is coming from the speakers, no soundstage.

Will more burn in help? I only have about 40 hrs on the equipment in it's current state.
gherrera1
Assuming you have not placed them on a table or bookshelf or against a wall or next to a TV (any of which can collapse the sound to the speaker), then you have a problem. Do you have an incorrect setting in your DVD player/amp (is it converting CD's to pseudo surround or something - adding a "stadium reverb effect" for example - also many players with DSPs have many options for sound processing like "all speakers" or "pseudo surround" and "two-channel stereo straight through - no proceesing"). If you have fully exhausted the DVD and amp DSP menus you should take the speakers back or investigate if you have a problem elsewhere.
At one point, I ran the Krell 400xi, Krell SACD Standard, and Focal Micro Utopia BE's. I had no trouble getting the speakers to disappear. At 40 hours your equipment is not even remotely close to being broken in. The Micro Utopia BE's in particular take a very long time. I'd estimate approximately 400 hours for them to really come around. I was using GutWire Chime interconnects and speaker cable as well as GutWire power cords which definitely helped in getting the best out of this combination of gear. I don't know what you're using for cables, but break-in is probably most of the issue.
Two questions:

Does your listening room have 8 ft (or lower) ceilings?
Do you have a coffee table directly in front of your listening seat?
ATB,

Joe
Do you have them near walls or furniture, or anything else? Giving us a lot more information about these kinds of things, where you're sitting, room treatments, etc. would help us help you.