Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
I have many favorites...but most fitting of the "achingly beautiful" description is the last movement from the Sibelius 2nd Symphony, slow movement from Beethoven's "Pathetique" Piano Sonata, and almost all of Sibelius's 5th Symphony.
ciao..do you like the concerto k.488? Hear it with Istvan Kertesz (conductor)and Clifford Curzon (pianist)..is a Decca cd (with k.466 great!)..Hear also Korngold violin concerto is very very very beautiful!
I haven't read every post over the last 4 years, but two off the top of my head that I haven't seen mentioned:
Grieg - "Ase's Death" from Peer Gynt
Dylan - Girl From the North Country

If you aren't involved by Peer Gynt "driving" his dying mother to heaven through this music, well, nothing will save you.
Agree with the adagio from Albinoni Oboe Concerto in D - truly haunting. Massenet's Meditation from Thais. The so-called 'Flower Duet' from Delibe's Laksme - ('Dome epais le jardin', or something like that)
On the more folk-jazz-pop front; Sandy Denny's 'Carnival' from the album 'Like an Old Fashioned Waltz';
Van Morrison's 'When the Heart is Open' from the 'Common One' album.