Montreal hi fi expo

I just returned from the Montreal show and it was great fun. It was relaxed, the people were informative and open, and there was some outstanding sound. I loved it.
Without trying to pitch anyone in particular, there were some rooms that stood out soundwise in my opinion:
The Plitron transformer room, where there was an Arcam CD player and a pair of handmade push pull tube amps with huge Plitrons driving Merlin VSMs...astounding depth, beauty, and resolution. I don't remember the name of the amps or preamp.
Also excellent sounding, the Gamut electronics (CD and pre as well as amp) with Gradient speakers and $12k Fadel Arts speaker cable network.
And the sony multichannel SACD demo using relatively inexpensive player+preamp+ speakers (the amp was a Pass 5 channel X-series). Made me wonder about throwing huge money at speaker systems (it was a very short demo and may have ben more impressive in the short term than it would be in the long term).
Any impressions folks?
tacs
you ahould check out chesky.com you can register to win Martin Logins, that would cut down some of your costs at least.