Monitors secure on stands

I ordered a new pair of Dynaudio Focus 140's and matching stands. They should be in early next week. Unlike the Paradigm Studio 40 v.3's that I am replacing the 140's do not fasten to the stands. We regularly have small children visiting so having speakers secured to the stands gives me peace of mind.
I have a friend that is an excellent wood worker who says he can install threaded inserts in the bottom of the 140's. I can then drill holes in the top plate of the stands to fasten them.
Will this lessen the resale value of the speakers when upgrade time rolls around? Any other good suggestions?
valinar
I wouldn't use Blu-Tak. I've heard they can discolor and harm the finish of a speaker's hardwood veneer.

Over the years, I've used artists's kneaded erasers to fasten monitors to metal stands. They are maliable, gray erasers kind of like Silly Putty that can be shaped, stretched or compressed into any shape. One eraser can be sectioned into four pieces, enough for one speaker, then you just roll each piece up like a semi-dry snot and place it near each of the corners of the monitor. When the speaker is placed on them they flatten out like little gray pancakes and secure the speakers ot the stand. The erasers contain a fine powder in them that prevents them from drying out and hardening for literally decades, and this powder also prevents the them from ever becoming sticky or gooey. I have kneaded erasers from the mid 1970s scattered throughout my art supplies that are still completely usable. Just pull and stretch them for a few seconds and they become clean and maliable like brand new erasers.

For years I've used them to attach ProAc and Sonus Faber monitors to shot-filled stands and they hold the speakers very securely. With the stands filled they can weigh almost 40 pounds, but even when I've accidentally hit the speakers, they didn't fall off or come unattached. The whole unit speaker and stand just wobbled a bit. It was as if the stand and speaker was a single unit! After a few years when it came time to remove the speakers from the stands it took some careful rocking and prying, but they came off and the rosewood finish was absolutely perfect! There were a few rogue boogers here and there, but they clean up very easily and you're left with a perfectly clean hardwood finish.

Just about any art store will carry them and they come packaged like large gray butter pads wrapped in plastic. I think they are the best choice because they firmly secure the speaker to the stand and when removed leave no trace at all. The only thing more secure is screwing the speaker to the stand. Have a look.

http://www.dickblick.com/zz215/02/
I attach my Europas to the Osiris stands with blu-tack. You can actually grab the top of the speaker and the whole speaker/stand combo tips. Very secure. Of course with the Europas I dont have to worry about veneer!
Valinar, look for the yellow stuff by 3M. I think even Wal Mart carries it. I have never seen Blu-tack locally, I ordered mine online.