Monitors For Near Field Low Volume Listening

I'm looking for some good monitors that are good for low level listening in a smaller room (about 12x12 with 6ft ceiling). I listen to mostly jazz and like speakers that give detailed but full sound. My gear is Mac C220 pre and AR100.2 amp. I've used single drivers (left over from classic tube days), Totem Rainmaker and recently bought some Vandersteen 2Ces just because I missed that "big sound". Well, the speakers are indead too big. So, it's back to some monitors or small column speakers. My budget is no more that $1500 new or used. Thanks
stereomaniac
Anybody heard the Sterling LS3/5A speakers? How do they compare to the Rogers? They are around $2k new. Kind of a stretch, but.....
I have the Stirling SL3/5A's. They are wonderful in a near field set up and image better than anything else I've ever heard. I use mine in a 16 x 14 room an listen about 7-8 feet away. They literally disappear. I use an Exposure amp and JA Michell turntable with Audience cables. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
May be worth checking out Tannoy Dual Concentric monitors.
Variety of models and prices, Autograph Mini would be interesting or DC4, DC8 models.

The Dual Concentric drivers have a really integrated 'locked in' sound in the nearfield.
Acoustic Energy AE1 is very good in near field, you can even place them very close to back wall to reinforce bass. I had the Signature version and it was very sweet.

Dynaudio Craft was designed for near field and against back wall, but Dynaudio in general do not sound good till high volume.

Usher BE-718 can be placed close to back wall, they are near full range and very sweet and extended on top. Your ARC should be able to power them well in that small space. I played my Usher in low volume and it had incredible amount of detail even at low volume.