MMGs

A year ago, I bought a pair of MMGs.  In my 13x22 room, placement was a challenge but finally worked it out.

Speakers are powered by an Adcom GFA-555.  The only source is a CD player through a passive pre-amp.

Now I have a little more to spend and would like thoughts on the following options:

1) Mye stands for the MMGs

2) The DWM panel with the MMGs (secondary question - can this panel be placed on a side wall perpendicular to the MMGs?)

3) 1.7s

Open to other out-of-the-box suggestions as well.

The goal is always to attain that Magnepan soundstage.  Musical tastes are female vocalists, jazz, blues.
kythyn
Just my 2 cents. I've owned 2 pair of MMG's, 1.6's and most recently .7's (my faves). I've paired all with many different amps with various levels of results. Typically, typically the more clean current the better the sound. I drove the MMG's with a Rogue Sphinx (100 w/ch 8 ohm, 200 4/ohm) with wonderful results. The best amp I had for any Maggies was a Wyred4Sound SSi500 integrated. Will mega $$ amps sound better, in theory yes. However, you can drive MMG's without going broke. 

Maggie .7 or 1.7 would be a solution to your needs.

For an amp, how about an outside the box suggestion: Heathkit AA1800.

250wpc at 8ohm
500wpc at 4ohm
1kw pc  at 2ohm

Slightly grainy sound (common in SS amps at the time) that is vastly improved with new higher quality parts. Readily available for about $300 used, and budget another $300-$400 for a full restoration and you are set for another 35 yrs.  
Did you look up their own view of which amp is best for Maggies? http://www.magnepan.com/faq#receivers 

"Class A/B amplifier designs that come close to doubling power at 4 ohms have a long and successful track record."

Not sure when was this written though. See the part about class D amp.

"A new type of amplifier (Class D) has become more popular because it is a "green" design and uses less power plus it is smaller in size compared to conventional amplifier designs. We have heard reports of Class D amplifiers shutting down when driving 4 ohm loads or sound quality that is less-than-desirable. Quite frankly, some sound very poor on Maggies. However, more recent designs of high-end models are much better. Because we do not have the time to determine which models of Class D designs are compatible with Maggies, we must take a conservative approach. Direct-coupled, Class A/B designs with high current capability have proven a good choice for many decades."

I am happy with my Aragon 8008-->SMGc
Have them gunned. You will not be sorry. When you pay for the best you only cry once. John will take good care of you, tell him his favorite russian sent you.

http://www.indiespinzone.com/magnestand.html
Definitely go with the 1.7s. For what it's worth, in my system when my Rel subwoofer blew a diode, I picked up a PSB subsonic 5i for $100 and it integrated with with my 1.7s perfectly and I like its sound better than the Rel which ten times as much! Just my experience. I started with mmgs... 1.7s are MUCH better at everything. You won't be disappointed. They take awhile to break in though. They get better for a year.