Mini office system?

Hi -

Can you recommend a budget mini system a small office? I have space for smallish speakers, and want an integrated amp/tuner/cd. I might add a PC network device someday, but not yet. Budget is $200-$300, and used equipment is great.

I hardly ever frequent my listening room anymore, but it has MF300 stuff in there, just as a point of reference. I could enlist this pair of budget BIC bookshelf speakers lying around unused, tho they seem wee big for the available office space, and I'd still need a recommend for something integrated to power/tune/CD them.

Thanks for your time & thoughts - Ralph
ralpheburns
Ralpheburns: The Swans would be fine on the credenza (?) behind you. I'd certainly not want them on your desk space. Interesting question, about imaging from the rear. jmd
The Denon UD-M3 is playing right now, $35 + 6-pack/remote. It sounds 'comfortable' thru those BICs on the back drawers/shelf/table (?). I'm rather proud of my BIC purchase, because I'm the type who'll blow every budget 5 times over, and the BICs didn't ($100). However, the volume pot on this Denon is dead, so its remote-only (did I overpay?). I'll waste some other Saturday fixing it. I'll keep experimenting, am curious about the Squeezebox et. al.