Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" drove me insane almost

I have K2 CD of Miles Davis "Kind Of Blue", that I've had for a while, but never actually carefully listened to.
Now, I put it on and almost immediately on track one, I hear pretty audible noise/distortion, when the trumpet comes in. Forward to track 4- same kind of noise. Sounds like a blown tweeter or a bad tube.
I actually had the same kind of experience when the output stage tubes in my Modwright Denon went bad.
So naturally, I'm going on a wild goose chase- switching ICs left to right, switching output tubes in my CD, preamp.
Swapped my Lamm monoblocks left to right- no change, noise is still there.
After ruling out CD, preamp and power amps, the only possible outcome is the blown tweeters (highly unlikely).
Three days later I decide to rule out the most unlikely cause.
I put the CD in the whole different system- new CD player, amp and speakers- and of course, the noise is still there.
All this time, I've been chasing system problem, it has been faulty recording!!!
Here is my questions- I'm probably the only one here, who hasn't heard "Kind Of Blue" in critical listening session.
It's been around for decades and heard by millions of people, likely by almost every member of this forum.
So you guys always knew this was a technically compromised recording with some obvious noises overlaying the music (it actually sounds like a combination of overdriven tubes and a vinyl surface noise, crackling)?
Has anyone not heard it? Has anyone been sent on a wild goose chase by it, like I had?
maril555
Hi Erik,

Ya gotta admit that there is significant spittiness to the trumpets panned far left and right on "So What" and elsewhere. The higher the rez, the more pronounced it is IME.

I love this landmark jazz album but I always find that distracting. I’m not enough of a purist I guess...

Dave
It's only on the CD, which I believe is remastered or mixed.  The LP is clean.  I have a 180 gram version that sounds amazing. The original mono is likewise superb.

n
I heard that sound decades ago when I first heard he album. Thought it was mistracking then.... but , ever listen to a live horn player -- close up?  When spit gets into the pipes?   Yup.  It's not distortion, it was there live too.
This is a true story. Imagine that I just forked out over $40,000, some twenty five years ago for the stereo gear that I’d be saving up for over five years. Being in my young twenties, I wasn’t that familiar with jazz yet. I heard and read so many great things about Miles Davis’ ‘Kind Of Blue’ that I bought it to christen my new home stereo system. I’m as proud as any person could be as I set up my news components carefully, and positioned my speakers using a carpenter’s compass.

I am thinking, this will certainly bring more action with the young women in my life. I never have had a problem, but hey, young and adventurous isn’t a bad thing. I invited over a handful of close friends to show my new gear to them. I click play on my McIntosh amplifier. Within a half minute, there is all of this distortion. My friends are giving me the “WTF” look. I immediately put on the Magnolia soundtrack telling my friends to hang on, the vinyl has to be defective. I played ‘Save Me’ by Aimee Mann, and ‘Goodbye Stranger’ and The Logical Song’ by Supertramp off of the same soundtrack. Those three songs saved my life at that moment in time. Most of all, Aimee Mann. Very late in coming, but thank you Ms. Mann! 
Sure enough, I called my audio shop dealer the next morning to hear expected news. He laughed and said, “you aren’t the only one who has used ‘Kind Of Blue’ by Miles as their first reference album!” He told me if I had asked, he would have recommended Art Blakey’s ‘Moanin’ if I wanted the best recorded jazz album ever. If I was stuck on playing a Miles Davis album, you can’t go wrong, except for Kind Of Blue. I must admit at the moment, I was Kind Of Embarrassed, and Kind Of Pissed off. 

2022...I completed my Pandemic Project, a complete Linn LP12 build (I made my own walnut plinth to the latest specs), new Karousel bearing, the works. The very first vinyl album I played was "Kind of Blue." Exactly on cue, the distortion in the opening track threw me into a complete panic, wondering where I went wrong. Many hours were spent re-checking the cartridge alignment. Then I found another copy of the same album...and heard the exact same distortion. I went online to research known KOB issues, and here I am. This should be printed on the record sleeve as a sort of warning!