Metal or Fabric Dome tweeter

I am looking at many different speakers and notice there are different opinions as to which is better. Any comments would be appreciated.
128x128bohemian7
My experience has proven more often then not that metal dome sounds great at reproducing cymbols, bells etc. but silk dome is better with the human voice and is less likely to accentuate sibilance. Since most music comes from CD players and they have a brittle sound already, silk domes and tubes help the sound more natural. You will give up some of the sizzle so personal taste rules as always.
I think that one thing we often disregard is what's behind the tweeter. By that I mean the crossover and wire. That being said, I tend to prefer the sound of a good fabric dome tweeter. Most of my favorite speakers use fabric domes. Then again, two speakers I really like, Triangle and Vandersteen use metal domes, so there you go. But it's tough to find fault with the tweeters from Dynaudio, Morel, Scan Speak, and Vifa. I feel soft domes don't drive most to complain of brightness. And they allow me to use silver wire, and highlight its strengths.
At this year's CES, quite a few of the manufactuers of ultra high end, standard tweeter speaker configurations seemed to have had one thing in common..the use of the Vifa Revelator. This dome is not metal, nor an exotic ribbon, yet it is the current benchmark by these companies for their flagship models. Also silk dome tweeters from companies like Vifa and Morel are prefered by all of my audiophile buddies that design, or consult on speaker designs. Beware though! What is true today, could change tommorrow!..(10 years ago, metal domes were all the rage)
I absolutely HATE the Focal tweeters. Be they Ti, TiO2, or Kevlar. To me, they are the most irritating things I have EVER listened to. They even make EL34 based tube amps shrill to my ears(and THAT is an accomplishment!). Of course, others like them. Just look at the highly regarded speakers that use them. And before anyone says I am anti-Focal, I LOVE their mids, woofers, and accessories(caps, connectors, wire, etc.).