Merlin VSM or Revel Performa F52

I am currently in the market for a set of 5 speakers for my new condo apartment. For my budget, the two main contenders are:

* Merlin VSM-MXe fronts + VSM-CCe center + TSM-MXe surrounds
* Revel Performa F52 fronts + C52 center + M22 surrounds

From the old system I am keeping:
* 2 Martin Logan Depth subwoofers
* Anthem Statement D1 pre/pro
* Anthem Statement A5 amp
* Denon 3910 DVD player
* home made GW12 copper speaker cables, single wire

Which set do you think is best, Merlin or Revel?
Are there any other contenders worth looking at?
Thank you
cristi
these two products sound very different so it would be best for you to describe the room and the possible set up.
the electronics i recommend all the time and the speakers cables (if stranded) with my jumpers on the e-versions will be a great match.
if you need any other information on the merlin product feel free to call me at 585 367 2390 during business hours, est.
just back from the ces show so getting in a little later than usual.
bobby at merlin
cb,
i did not cast a vote for one or the other.
as i said they both sound different and i know the merlin will sound really good with what you have (if the wire is sranded copper) and if i know more about the room and set up i could be of greater help. it is possible that the revel (which are very fine speakers) may even be better suited to your set up and that is why i asked the questions. feel free to call and discuss this matter.
bobby
Okay, here's a vote for Merlins. I've owned them for a few years, and they never disappoint. I've tried them w/various components and they let the attributes of each shine through. I think they'll be fine w/your gear, and you will find yourself falling in love w/2 channel music again. If you ever decide to upgrade electronics, you'll be able to hear the benefit of your investment.
Bobby's support and advice is second to none.
FWIW, I've heard Revels at shows and dealers. They are dynamic but a little cold and analytical for my tastes. They are made by what was once a high end company, that now has been bought/managed by the Harman conglomerate. Much has been written here about issues with Madrigal/Revel ownership now vs. when they were run more independently. Read the archives before you buy their stuff. I've never owned their stuff, so take this criticism w/grain of salt. YMMV. Cheers,
Spencer