merlin tsm/primaluna?

As I`m not yet ready to put a system together, I`m not going to bother Bobby P. with questions right now. For me, the tsm mm`s are a no brainer. The only other high end system I`v owned utilized merlin sig. 4`s as my speakers. I can`t tell you how much I loved the presentation with those 3 ways! To cut to the chase, what are your thoughts/experience with this combo (tsm/primaluna)? I`m setting a 4-5k budget for the entire system and from what I`ve read, the primaluna sounds appealing. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
capt369
should work well, if I had to guess. The Primaluna does not have a high damping factor. The TSM is a high(er) damped cabinet (I think), which should allow the speaker to take care of itself & so the combination should sound good. I'm quite sure that Bobby P will see this post & will chime in! :-)
Bombaywalla, thanks for your input. I`m going to try your kitty litter trick which I saw in another thread for my stands! Maybe Bobby will see this thread and give his opinion on my speaker/int. amp question. Any other opinions from audio enthusiasts would be greatly appreciated as well.
the reason i have not commented on the primaluna is because i have not heard one. can't talk about what you haven't heard now, can you? but if this unit uses el34s, odds are it will be fine if the tubes are used correctly. the cable and source issue is another part of this whole thing but use the jumpers that come with the speakers and a single run of speaker cable. perhaps you should give me a call at the factory to discuss the whole system, be glad to help.
585 367 2390 from 10-ish to 6-ish dailey and est.
bobby at merlin