Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
Echoing what's been said already, the VT130 will have no problem driving the Vistas and will be a great match.  Unless you want rock concert volume levels, but then you probably should be looking at other speakers if that's the case.  I have EM-ESL's which are pretty similar and drive them with a ARC VSI-60 and have no need for additional power.  I previously drove them with Rotel and Parasound solid state amps and Rogue tube amps.  Love them with tubes, hate them with solid state. 
My friend , the above posts are appreciated because Martin Logan speakers are very worthy of consideration. Unfortunately, they don't address your basic question. My Vistas are augmented by Martin Logan Depth I subs, so I have cured some ills. As documented above in this blog, buying old Vistas, is very risky, why take a chance on a rather old speaker, now very long out of warranty.
'

I have a pair of Acent i, with a Martin Logan Desent i subwoofer. I power them with a SS Musical Fidelity intergrated amp, for a modesty priced system they sound fine to me.
To the OP, I haven't listened to Vistas specifically, but I've owned an older model in the Aeon i's, and a newer model in the Expression 13As, and I can say that yes MLs are very directional, and yes panel to woofer integration hasn't been a strength of theirs, but both of these are much improved with the newer models, imo.  I'm not sure where the Vistas sit in this spectrum, but If you can get a good deal, and you have a dedicated room where you can really fine tune the listening and speaker positions, then electrostats can be magical.  Don't throw them in the corners of a multipurpose living room and expect to get the same results.  

As for the 13As, I decided to stick with ML when I chose them over other dynamic / cone speakers like the Sopra 2s (which I also really liked) because they just blew everything else I demoed away in terms of imaging.  I will grant that you are probably giving something up in terms of dynamic slam vs a cone speaker, but larger panels help, and so do subs, so I'm not lacking for dynamics or low end extension. 

I still went with MLs even though I'm primarily a rock and electronic music guy and could afford more expensive dynamic speakers.   Hope that helps. 
I bought a pair of impression 11A’s last April, and I love em! 
Owned many many speakers over the years and these are one of my favorites. Bass is seamless to these ears.. I just wish I’d have gotten the 13A, for a little bigger soundstage and bass wallop (but these speakers can rock out in my 14’ x 25 basement listening room ..