Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
Here in Switzerland you see Martin Logon very often combined with big McIntosh amps. The advantage is these solid state amps can deliver 2-8 Ohm the same power. And as far as I know Martin Logan need a lot of power and are not that tube friendly (not 8 Ohm).
there's a mcintosh dealer in whittier ca. that's been around since the late 50's or so. they like matin logan speakers.
I’ve been running my Audio Research VT100 with a pair of Martin Logan Aerius for years and have thoroughly enjoyed it.  
I had a pair of ML Aries "I's" for a couple of years and drove them with a ARC Classic 60. My best day in audio was the day I sold the ML's and bought the Legacy Signature III's. 

Lute, guitar, piano and small jazz trios are fine on the ML's, but when you want to move some air .... well ... 

Frank
I've got original CLS in a second system. Magic in mid range and with acoustic music, and more convincing than any of the hybrid MLs I've listened to (haven't heard the Monoliths or Summits though).