Mark Levinson No36s

Hi Guys
I have the chance to purchase a Mark Levinson No36s dac , i can not afford the more modern equipment but have read from reviews that it is still a very good dac , my main concern is with how reliable it would be ? as it would be 10-15 years old now , i guess i just want to see for myself what the M/L legendary sound is all about ! Many say that service can be a problem but would this be more of a case with a transport rather than a Dac as no optical replacement required ? How is the sound quality of the No36s ? I can not audition in store as i live in a rural location . Thanks
steam3642
for xa5400es 230v, try dnet24.de - just use paypal to skip the slow email responses. minus 19% germany tax the price is attractive with the current euro exc rate.

wps
Junchoon2989,

I can't speak German, and would also very much like to get an XA5400ES!

How reliable is dnet24?
And how do you use PayPal to pay for this and deduct the 19% German tax...?

Many thanks for your help!
Model102,

neither can i speak German!

if u ship it out of Germany the final price (also the postage) will be deducted 19% local Germany tax. to be sure, just register your mailing address and u will know if there is tax or not, when u put item in their virtual basket. dnet24 is pretty reliable meaning to say they are not a fraud, but email responses are really slow! they do speak English, so u might call them if u r not sure.

i made a mistake of using bank transfer thinking it will save some exchange rate commission compared with PayPal. but in the end their Germany local bank require 2.5% service charge, the order was delayed. i paid for the service charge via paypal!

they don't double box though the original Sony box is pretty sturdy. shipping cost to Malaysia is about 75euro after deducting the tax on postage.

whatever u decide, good luck finding a 230v version!

wps