Magnepan Bass, Dynamics and Subwoofers

Lots of talk of the new ".7" Magnepan series speakers. Below is a quote from a current thread on the 'Gon referencing the weaknesses in Magnepans.
However, if you are a Maggie owner/lover and haven't heard an Apogee ... when you do you may become an Apogee convert. Apogees improve on many of the things that Maggies don't do so well, like dynamics, bass response, synergy between tweeter and woofer panels, etc.
Does a well integrated subwoofer remedy the purported weaknesses in Magnepans? If anyone out there is running Maggies with a sub, what improvements did the sub impart?
128x128mitch4t
Mitch,

I rotate several speakers in my main system. Among those, I sometimes use the little MMGs crossed to a pair of Rythmik subs. The crossover (along with the room EQ) is effected in the digital domain by an Audyssey xt32 powered pre-pro (Onkyo).

Several years back, I owned Maggie 3.5s, which I ran full range with an ARC LS 25 and VT130SE. (Caveat: different room, different source components).

I prefer the MMG/Rythmik combo to the full range 3.5s by a very wide margin.

One opinion, FWIW.

Marty
IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM, BUY THE MAGNEPAN TYMPANI SPEAKER. THE BASS IS IN FOUR PANELS AND IS BETTER THAN ALL OTHER MAGNEPANS EXCEPT MAYBE THE MG 20 SERIES. OTHER THAN THAT ..A COMPANY BASED IN GRASS VALLET CALIF...VERTEK...MAKES MODEL SPECIFIC SUBS FOR RIBBONS THAT ARE FAST AND EXTREAMLY ACCURATE . THEY HAVE DONE LOTS OF OEM WORK FOR MAJOR HIGH END SPEAKER COMPANYS. I HAVE SEVERAL OF THERE PRODUCTS..530- 477-8126
I run my 3.6's full range and use a Final sub with them. The sub extends frequency response in my room down to 20hz. The blend is seamless.
Alan