Magnepan 3.7

Looks nice, link below.

“the 3.7 is a 3-way, full-range ribbon speaker with a very ‘fast’ quasi-ribbon midrange and true ribbon tweeter.”

"The 3.7 is available in new aluminum trim or our traditional wood trims of oak and cherry. Fabric options are off-white, black and dark gray. Suggested list pricing starts at $5495/pair for aluminum or oak versions, or $5895/pair for the dark cherry versions."

Magnepan 3.7
james63
What's the point of stating the comment doesn't justify a reply and then offering a rather extensive reply?
James
In your opening remark, you just contradicted yourself. If you in your wisdom felt my post did not deserve a response, then why even grace it with a parting shot full of a self righteous defense of your views.
Nevertheless, it was amusing..
If you want to be petulant, at least be accurate.
Firstly, your comments cannot be defined as truthful...they are your opinion, just as my initial post was.
Secondly, please be accurate in your syntax and spelling... I do not "waist" anyone's time. This carelessness is a recurring theme in all your posts.
Your disregard to the above demonstrates to me the true value of any opinions you may hold on any subject..sloppy and incomplete
Now that..is how you pen a last response
are the 3.7 worth $3,500 more than the 1.7 try to decide if another bat vk-55 amp will be a better investment sounds good with one vk-55 will 3.7 maggies sound better or should i just get another bat for $2,000 thanks
Not sure about the 3.7's yet; still in the early auditioning stage. However, I can say that when I compared the 3.6's to both the 1.6's and the new 1.7's I preferred the 3.6's ( by a substantial margin). The 1.6's just did not do it for me at all...I think that the 3.6's are far better in every parameter. Also, I would rather own (and I do) a used pair of 3.6's over a new pair of 1.7's... Just my opinion; YMMV.
Eriona01
I just bought a 10 month old pair of MG 3.6 R's in dark cherry for $3600. They are far superior to my ML Vantage's.The sound is wonderfully detailed and balanced and the cherry is drop dead gorgeous. I have Pass Labs XA 60.5 monoblock amps which have a tremendous Class A amp warmth I would highly recommend or the XA 100.5 if you want more bass and bloom. I have the PS Audio PW combo and Pass X 0.2 preamp which round out my system. If you are looking for a quality goose bump factory for reasonable cost, consider the path I've taken. Hope this helps.