MA9000 VS MA8900

Hello,
This is one of my first post here, I am readying up for a Amp upgrade, I currently use the Wyred4sound Mpre & Mamps to a Kef Reference 1.
Great & very underrated Amps those tiny Ice amps, the bass control these have are incredible for the price.
Now I am bitten by the upgrade bug, and have put up the Wyred Amps for sale.

I have auditioned quite a few Amps including the Accuphase E650, the T+A HV3100, Gryphon Diablo etc., & the Mcintoshes, I thought all of them were every good.
The stand out was the T+A, I really think it is the best integrated available right now, but it is way outside my budget for now.

I am now seriously considering the MA8900, I really liked the sound I heard at the brief audition., as a bonus it comes packed in with a DAC & a very good phono.
Can anyone who owns it comment on their experience.
Can someone also comment on the difference in sound with the MA900.
mavvrik
Before I went with separates I had a McIntosh MA8000, the older 9000, and it was pretty great. I had an opportunity to in home demo a Hegel H360 with my own equipment and after two weeks sold my MA8000 and went with the Hegel. It might be worth the wait for the Hegel H590 or you could possibly look at one of their smaller integrateds. I know sound taste is subjective, so your mileage may vary, but I’m pretty sold on Hegel. I’ve since swapped out to Hegel separates 
I was pretty sure I wanted a 8900. So, I went to a dealer and while I didn’t get to hear the 8900, the dealer played a MAC6700(200 wpc), which he indicated should sound much the same, into Wilson speakers . My impression was that it had all kinds of power, but I did not find it to particularly give that sense of actually listening to music, or to be very emotionally involving. Perhaps that was a function of the speakers. JMHO.
mtrot, ironically enough I have had the exact opposite experience in my system: in other words, the 8900 does not really sound *that* much more powerful than my 36 wpc tube integrated, but it does sound warmer, smoother and more involving. 

It's all a question of synergy. 
@ mavvrik
BTW, a few months ago, I started a thread on integrated amps, including the 8900.  I thought there were some great replies and interesting information posted.  In case you are interested:
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/so-many-integrated-options-mcintosh-8900-levinson-585-lyngdor...
@beyondarkness @marsrecords very informative posts, thank you. Somehow Mcintosh gear does not get the credit they deserve, which is rather unfortunate.

@everest_audio  thanks for your post,
I did audition the Hegel H360 multiple times, as the dealer offered killer prices for it, but I never liked it, i found it way too dry for my liking.
im not looking at Class D amplification at all, as that is something i’ve already experienced, so no Bel Canto. On a side note, one the best Class D’s id recently heard was the SPEC amplifier.
This hobby, for me, is about trying new gear and this upgrade certainly won’t be the last for me, so I am also looking at gear that retains it value. From what ive seen, can’t beat Mcintosh on that.
If the Accuphase has similar resale, it would be close call between the MA8900 & the E650 ;)