Luxman 3045 mb

I have these wonderful Tim deParavincini designed amps from I believe the early 70's. Anyone out there have experience with upgrading, moding, servicing. I switched to KT 88 output tubes 10 years ago.
128x128shussbliss
Hello, Can anyone either provide me with good directions for upgrading the Luxman MB3045 tube amp, or perhaps let me know where I can get the directions? Please help!!??!! Gene. Cell 860-608-8502
Why not get a CL32, 34, etc? They are nice sounding preamps. But I would guess you would want to get the caps replaced on whatever you buy. They are very rich and organic sounding. A classic 12AX7 sound. So the system will be a little laid-back.

I have two pair of MB3045. One with original tubes, one with KT88's. I don't use them. They're in my office museum. I just bought a pair of Dahlquist DQ-M9 that are mint, and I'm going to have a retro system from 1979 I can play with here and there.

I was really excited to get the Dahlquist here. But I plugged them in, and they are nothing near my Sonus faber Guarneris. Not even close. I was shocked and a little bummed.
These amps look pretty, but its sound does not match its look, IMHO. I owned 2 pairs with the original 8045 tubes, a pair with KT88 mod and a pair with 8417 mod and liked the KT88 version the least.