LS3/5a's - what amps are you using?

If there are any LS3/5a owners out there I'd be interested to know what you are running them with. They're a hard load and very inefficient, so they're not an easy speaker to run....

All comments welcome.

-M
128x128seattle_mike
I also drove LS3/5As w/ Berning EA-230. I had the first or second EA-230 prototype, circa 1982.
Ive used restored vintage integrateds with my chartwell 15 ohmers. Dyna sca 35 at 17 watts and a sherwood s500 at i belive 30 watts.

they love the sherwood.

I recieved an interesting email on the efficenty/sensativity issue of the ls35a from j r the c0-designer of vaccuum tube states JLTI amp. If he gives permission i can post it hear.Bottom line all the info you want is at the ls35a group at yahoo groups.

I have the 11 ohm Rogers and have been using a Musical Fidelity B200 integrated for about 10 years. Great rich sound that is very musical.
The ARC D-52b did a great job with these speakers. You should be able to find one easily.
They're not that hard to drive - I drive my 11 ohm Rogers (ash and not bi-wired) with a Musical Fidelity A2. Sweet.