LP storage? What do you use?

I am looking at how I store my lps. I currently store then in several ways.

(1). Shelfs bult into closet, on edge, with book ends to keep straight.

(2).6 milk crates with lps on edge.

Any input? What are others doing out there?

Regards,

Roy
royster
What does anyone think of using a toy chest for storage? You could then flip through them fairly easily and it would close when not in use.

See link

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_6/601-7590987-2222550?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002AU00S

I realize this would have limited storage but my collection is small right now so this would work for quite a while.
That toy chest looks pretty nice, Bundy, but you need to make sure it is sturdy enough to handle the weight of the records. It probably would have room to hold about 150-200 records(guessing)and it is made of fiberboard - the info doesn't specify thickness. Of course, you might be able to reinforce the bottom, if necessary, to hold the extra weight.

I am just getting started in putting together a vinyl rig after being away from analog for over 20 years. My collection of about 1500 records is in a cabinet in my back room and I have no room for it where my stereo system is set up. :-( I will actually be using an old wooden drawer that a friend of mine decorated with an original painting about 30 years ago. It will have to sit on the floor of my living room and will hold records for current listening. It's kind of like using an apple crate I guess, but it is a bit prettier! This drawer holds about 100 records and I can easily flip through them to find what I want.

I wish,though, that I had the room for some of the nice racks and LP storage containers listed in this thread.
Years ago record cabinets were pretty common. Some are nicely finished, some not so much. 

Some of the mid century modern units are beautiful to me, but of course can be pricey. I see a variety come and go on Craigslist. 

I have stacked cabinets (from the 60's) with doors in my listening room that hold 150? The rest are in vinyl crates in another room.