Low watt system for rock,electronica?

Is it possible?
128x128raytheprinter
Pass Aleph-3 with 90db or above,8ohm speakers.
Plays much louder with incredible clarity than 'most' would believe.Realistic bass and a huge and airy soundstage.
30wpc 8ohm,60wpc 4ohm,pure class A
Psychic,ewe dont believe in Santy Clause?
David: You're amp and Psychic's amp have a lot in common. Both are Class A, but Francisco's amp is rated at 50 wpc @ 8 ohms. His amp came out of the factory where Nelson used to operate out of before opening Pass Labs. In effect, you guys are on the same team and may not have known it. Sean
>
Art Audio Jota monos with 52BX or 52B tubes. ( just don't drive B&W and Wilson at high SPL ) :-D

Seriouly, if you use horns or single driver speakers, low watts, even a single digit amps go a long way. As long as you are realistic and choose a speakers sensibly, these single-ended beauty can pull off electronica convincingly. I listen to a lots of dance/electronica on my 30 watts tube amps.

OR, try a newer Naim amplifier. They are lower watts but more dynamic solid state out of bunch without sounding strident. ( meaning it's excellent for chill/ambient stuff, too )
David, I have stereo subs driven by some mean 150W Kenwood monoblocks. It's not a low watt system by any standard.

Aow watt system is like the one Lak has, with two little 5W SET monoblocks driving a pair of Cain & Cain Abbys. The sound is really clean, articulate and extremely detailed but it lacks the impact if the music demads so. Small scale acoustic music is extremely realistic, nonetheless. The best I've heard to date...