Looking for an acoustic guitar recording..

I would love to find an excellent recording of acoustic guitar. I'm looking for one that is more towards the genre of pop/rock or country than towards classical. Something upbeat would be great. I don't mind if there are vocals, but my main focus hear is on acoustic guitar. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
s7horton
Pehare,

You are the first person I've run into within these forums that knows who Jack Williams is. Really happy there is another fan here! I've been a big Jack fan for years now, I've probably seen him a dozen times live. He's an amazing player.

Cheers,
Z
here are some guitarist i think are the best.bill mize-coustin,adrian legg on electric guitar emmylou harris, with daniel lanois on electric guitar, lanois also played on u2 joshua tree,m, john hammond-new morning dvd,, dylan unplugged dvd with great sound quality,bert jansch, dan crary,bill frisell-with dave holland and elvin jones (frisell has much good music, electric guitar),esteban-enter the heart,michael hedges-oracle,nils lofgren-acoustic live (great cd),satriani(electric), who-royal albert hall (dvd thats great),gretchen hanover-bow and cello (the cello has the best sound of any cd i have heard),ry cooder-meeting by the river,all of the above are in their fifties, odd isnt it.keith urban-livin right now (URBAN IS YOUNG),KEITH L COOPER-sacred dance (YOUNG GUY WHO STRUMS WITH BOTH HANDS AT ONCE,don baker- duckin and divin (worlds best harmonica player),penguin cafe orchestra-penguin cafe orchestra (small fantastic orchestra),george winston- december (get twentieth anniversary edition, great remaster, great piano), on yuoutube watch, vanessa mae-great violin,john denver, dylan,buddy rich (drums),jimi hendrix, harpo marx (worlds greatest harp player),ravi shankar- at monterey pop, canon byparchebel,canon in d, xuefei yang-joaquin(beautiful woman, worlds elite),lijie- carlo(another unbelievable girl guitarist), malaguena- spanish guitar cd,rachmaninov plays rachmaninov,harp canon in d,askynard freebird pt. 2,lofgren-keith, lofgren- blue,satriani-flying,penguin cafe, deliverence-dueling,lisa lynne and celtic,new canon rock,chapdelaine-requerdos (fantastic guitar), danza biancha (fantastic guitarist),erik mongrain-airtap (unbelievable guitar),shimabukuro-while my guitar (great guitar) there you have it, the worlds best guitarists
I'm surprised that Ed Gerhard is not mentioned in this thread. His "Live Album" is an excellent recording. "Luna" as well.
Ray's mention of Alison Krauss brings up Jerry Douglass, her band's primary soloist (dobro & acoustic guitar). He has a set on her live cd that is terrific and is - I think - available on SACD, if you have that capability. His solo records are great too.

My choice for "underrated" acoustic guitar goes to Marshall Crenshaw. He's always been an A List songwriter, but he's quietly become a stunningly good player over the years. Check out his Greatest Hits Live Acoustic (or something to that effect). It's a $5 cut-out that has amazing music, played amazingly and pretty well recorded, to boot.

If you can find Richard Thompson's live "2 letter words", it also fits the above description - although Thompson is hardly underrated. He's merely the best (or close to it) and pretty well known as such.

Good Luck,

Marty