Looking for a true upgrade in sound quality

I currently stream Qobuz and Tidal through my Lumin T2. I have had this about 4 years. I have AT&T fiber optic internet to the house the ethernet cable direct to the Lumin. About 30' of cable from the router to the device. I was thinking of using the Lumin only as a streamer and adding a conceivably better DAC. Is this a legit way to go about a more resolving sound. To my ears there is a slight veil over everything and maybe a little etched overall, bass response is great. I was also hoping for a recommendation for the DAC if this is a good option. $6,000 budget new or used is fine. I have had very good luck with used equipment over the years. Thanks, Allen.

backwash

@backwash

You can try our WRT cable. The main bottleneck of the current audio system is the interconnect. This is true for every system, without exception. After solving this bottleneck, the sound quality of the audio system will have a big leap. So every one of our users has a surprising discovery after using the WRT cable. Try it, you have nothing to lose. Try it and find out how your audio system will sound better after the bottleneck is eliminated. You can read the article "Peculiarities of the Audio System" to learn why the audio system needs to use the WRT cable.
After trying the WRT cable, you can share your actual experience here.

I have been investigating SS DAC's for quite a period of time and until yesterday had not discovered one used on systems that I am familiar with that has caught my attention like the way a Denafrip Venus II had yesterday at a Bake Off between DAC's and CDP's.

SS DAC's and Valve CDP's were used as comparisons.

I am / have been familiarised over time with all models in use, and these were attached to a New Design 3 Watt Output Tetrode Pre Amp - Tetrode -Pentode Power Amp, with a Speaker unfamiliar to me, with reasonable High Efficiency.

The Venus II has had FW Updates.

In the past the Venus with out a FW update was OK but a big ?mark being present over how long it could be lived with used for extended length replays beyond comparison periods of time allocated.

Yesterday in this system and a follow up Amp in use, a PP 300b, the Venus II proved itself to be a very attractive SS DAC, especially one I would consider experiencing for much longer periods of time in the home system.

The Denafrips Venus II was used  in comparison to other Digital Sources costing up to £6K   

To the folks that suggested an ethernet filter, thanks a bunch. I bought the smooth Lan filter from Stack Audio. It arrived today. I have had this system in the configuration it is in now for over two years. So, I am very certain I know exactly how it sounds. I put the Stack Audio filter in and played Lyle Lovett's The Boys From North Dakota, The background was significantly quieter, thusly better detail. So far, I am liking it quite a bit. I have been listening to it for less than an hour. I just wanted to post this for the folks that gave tips/advice, thanks, Allen.