Looking for a new speaker. Wilson Maxx II ??

OK I don't want to start a flame war. I know you either love Wilson speakers or you hate them. I'm in the market for a pair of speakers. I have a dedicated room that is 19W x 25L x 10H. I'm looking for a pair of speakers I can keep for a bit so I am going to lay out some hard earned cash. With this being said I have listened to a pair of Wilson Maxx II a couple of times and they are quite nice. I feel I need to compare them to other speakers in the same category. Any suggestions on speakers I should listen too before making my decision?

Thanks for your time.
muslover
Dea friends: If you take a look the great VR-9 is an integrated monitor/subwoofer design.

Muslover, this is what I already suggest to you: monitors plus subwoofers.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Suggest that you try to audition a pair of Acapella Campaniles or Triolons. If you are ever in the Houston area, you would be welcome to visit and listen to my pair of Campanile Highs.
I recently purchased a pair of MAXX II's and I have owned several of the above mentioned speakers and a little food for thought for you.

-Every speaker I've owned is made with a certain brand of cable. Wilson are made with Transparent Reference XL ($11K)and all speakers I've owned sound the best with the cable they were made with.

-Wilson MAXX II bass cabinet and drivers need allot of big solid state power to controll. They will sound mushy in the bass if under powered. 500+ watts per channel will be required.

-Near field, far field, doesn't matter with the MAXX II, I am far field and they soundstage like a magician, hard to describe the dissapearing act.

-The new tweeters are the best Wilson has had very delicate and extended. Not "take your head off" harsh like the older ones. Just the right ammount of sparkle.

Consider a purchase of these to include a pair of at least Transparent Ref w/mm or up from there. and also consder it to include some big refined power, if it isn't the MAXX II will show how bad everything else in the system is.
I've heard the VR9 SE's and they are absolutely incredible. Until I can afford them, I'm using Dynaudio Evidence Temptations, which are also unbelievable. Having said that, you need good associated equipment, and especially , a good room. I've just moved into a dedicated room, and even without the full acoustic traetment (one wall's worth of panels are on order), the improvement in sound, with exactly the same equipment, is amazing.

David Shapiro
Deshapiro - Yes, of course the speakers interaction with the room is the biggest concert/potential bottleneck in every music system.

Orangej4 - Congratuations on the MAXXes. What other equipment are you using with them? Can you compare and contrast your experience with the MAXX relative to some of the other well-respected designs you've had the pleasure of owning?

Thanks!