Looking for a new speaker. Wilson Maxx II ??

OK I don't want to start a flame war. I know you either love Wilson speakers or you hate them. I'm in the market for a pair of speakers. I have a dedicated room that is 19W x 25L x 10H. I'm looking for a pair of speakers I can keep for a bit so I am going to lay out some hard earned cash. With this being said I have listened to a pair of Wilson Maxx II a couple of times and they are quite nice. I feel I need to compare them to other speakers in the same category. Any suggestions on speakers I should listen too before making my decision?

Thanks for your time.
muslover
Back to your question. The Maxx IIs will make you very happy if you listened to them & liked them. The changes in sound will be based more on the equipment you use with them than anything else. There are lots of great speakers, but the latest Wilson Speakers are truly world class. Your room size will be very important as well. The competing brands mentioned here are also excellent but IMHO the Wilsons will compete with them & do better than most in ease of setup, long term listenability, cost, matching to your room (choose your color), ability to maintain them easily. They will do many things better than the speakers mentioned above. The Wilson sound is a unique sound which has evolved over the years and is really fabulous in the current iteration. To be able to compare the speakers listed you will need the exact same setup. This is almost impossible. Also just as an example often when you listen to a speaker if can sound different in different stores. Sometime the speaker can sound terrible on time & amazing the second time. If your dealer is able to setup the Wilsons well in your house you will be rewarded. Good luck.
Go for the Wilsons! Nothing I've ever heard sounds as good as Maxx IIs. The wilson sound is 2nd to none IMHO. I'm saving up for Sophias though bc im poor. Heard the avalons diamonds, 100k+ kharmas, some other stuff
Have you heard the new Von Schweikerts VR-7 SE??  If so how are they different, better, worse than the Wilson Maxx Series 2 at a similar price point?  Which is more dynamic?  Which is more live sounding?  Any other comments?
--
Best personal regards,
Dan
Wow the search continues. Dgad you are correct in that the only true way to compare speakers is with the exact setup and that is impossible. I'm going to try and hear the Von Schweikert speakers as I have heard great things about them. Sounds like a road trip.

Thanks again for all of your great input.
Dear Goatwuss: +++++ " I'm saving up for Sophias though bc im poor.. " +++++

Good for you: the Sophias and a pair of subs, at least, can compete ( same quality level ) with the MAXX 2 or other high price " dinosaur ".

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.